Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Here are my goals for 2013 (out with the old year, in with the new year, same old, same old),

Finish editing & publish novels/novellas Fire On The Suns: Book 1 and Third Pulse: Book 1
Finish & publish novel Gated
Finish & publsh novel Hivers
Write 4-6 new novels/novellas including FOTS: Book 2, Third Pulse: Book 2, and the sequel to Hatchings, plus 1-2 other works
Write at least 12-15 new short stories

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I only have one novel in the works right now, besides the one that's going to my beta shortly, so I guess my goals otherwise are these:

-Carry on with working on that one novel until it's done.
-Read beta's response on the other one and revise accordingly.
-Whatever assignments I get from my MFA classes. <---This is going to take priority over the bunnies for a while, I imagine. Or maybe I can use an existing bunny for the assignments, depending on what turns out.

I also have a half a mind to self-publish a couple of my short stories if I can't get them sold by X Date. I do not yet know what X Date is. However, I'm kind of tickled by the idea of designing a cover, because I think it'd be fun...

Michel_Cayer

Registered
Reaction score
Complete the first draft of the first part of my Cthulhu Mythos novel :)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just want to mention that I completed that second bullet point--read my beta's notes for "Trail of Dust," and took additional notes myself. It's "resting" now, but I guess revisions ought to be in my 2013 goals somewheres.

Also, I did manage to use a bunny for my MFA class. Very, very relieved that this particular class is groovy with genre fiction. (Our TA is doing a haunted house story as his thesis novel--yay!)

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
finish my novel by my 25th birthday (march 4th) it's becoming more and more plausible...

have it published in time to promote it at the horror movie conventions my boyfriend and i are planning to attend in the fall

start on my follow-up novel

Robin Passaic

Registered
Reaction score
My goal is to complete a collection of five interrelated short stories that combine steampunk and genteel horror. The first is done; four more to go. :whip:

On a related note, I need to keep digging deeper into my research of Manhattan circa 1885. The element of steampunk lets me go a bit AU, but I still want to remain within certain historical parameters.

yendor1152

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
(1) Finish final edits on The Blue Classroom, my first horror novel for Samhain.
(2) Finish final edit on The Quarry, my second horror novel for Samhain.
(3) Finish a big Pet Sematary retrospective for Fangoria magazine.

akaspar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allankaspar.com
1) Get an agent for my first Clay Martin Novel: Skinshifter Superstar

2) Finish writing the second novel in the series (can't help it, I love the character)

3) Start my first jaunt into the horror genre with a novel based on a short story I had published Mentality Magazine.

I just have to stay determined. I know I have something awesome going with my Clay Martin character, and could easily tell 100 stories with him. Here's to hoping :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Thought I'd write this down here as a reminder to myself of what needs doing...

I've got 3 novellas of around 40,000 words each to write before 1st Jan 2014 to meet existing contracts. I'm 20K into the 1st one, so on schedule... just need to keep my eye on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.