Status
Not open for further replies.

GabrielNovo

Cuban Nomad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gabrielnovo.com
I have a seed for a story, but I'm not familiar with the conventions of this kind of genre mash-up, so I'm trying to read up on published works.

Can anyone recommend strong examples of clockwork (or steampunk) horror? Short stories, novellas, flash.

Anything on the smaller side of the spectrum because I need to consume a lot of material quickly.

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
years ago there was a survival horror game where a young girl woke up in a clock tower and had to navigate her way out while rescuing other survivors or people who were kept prisoner there and then this guy would suddenly show up with a pair of giant scissors and cut the people trying to help her in half and she'd have to run and escape from him until he vanished again.

You can watch a play through of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqWe9ajXyDk

Graphics are very outdated.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through Roil by Trent Jamieson right now. It's not set in Victorian times for a change, but all the other tropes and setting-stuff I associate with steampunk is there. Weird machines with gears and dirigibles. Fun times. More urban fantasy/action than horror, but the monsters are rather Lovecraftian.

Status
Not open for further replies.