What!? No Romanian thread?

Skibone21

Akilli
Registered
Reaction score
Any of you Romanians here want to let me in on your feelings about the Royal family and the possibility they could rise to power? My next novel will involve the subject somewhat and I'd like to hear any opinions if any you have on the subject or maybe some of your friends or relatives. Thanks in Advance!

-Akilli

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Akili. Honestly, the situation in our country, politically wise, is not very rosy. Never has been actually. I don't want to get into details mainly because politics is not my favourite subject. Either way, I believe monarchy would bring more stability to the country so I'm all for monarchy, though it'll likely won't happen anytime soon.

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! I bet it would!
Btw, the political situation in Romania as we speak is darker than black! I feel sorry for our president, honestly. But I prefer him any day to the communists and plagiarists.

Skibone21

Akilli
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah your answers seem to echo the ones I've heard on other boards. Would you say more young people or older people support the monarchy? My story is fiction of course and will involve a young prince taking over things. BTW, Romanian women are the most beautiful women in the world :)

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Yes they are :D I love Romanian women :D

Older or younger, it doesn't quite have a clear base. Older people and younger people support the monarchy, but it's pretty convoluted to be honest.

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Eddyz ( well, about monarchy :p )

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
What I have noticed about Romanian women in general is that they like to be put together well, you know, their outward appearance is very important. Can't say all, but from the Romanians I had come to know they were like that. All friendly, but there is a lot of emphasis on looking good. I can be a slob, okay, I am a slob, but mostly around the house. I do make an attempt to look decent when leaving the house. My ex, who was Romanian, told me I had to look good at all times because who knew when someone may show up at the door or when we would leave the house. My current boyfriend, who is American, couldn't care less. :)

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
I think your ex was over the top. I can bet normal Romanian women are slobs around the house. I mean, who the hell would wear make-up 24/7?
We do care about our appearance a lot, but not that much :D

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I think he was. I think he wanted me to look like a model all the time, or something stupid like that. Even models have days they don't wear make-up and prefer to wear pajamas over smexy clothes. He was something else anyway. :)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I haven't read any Romanian works (they of course would have to be translated, I can pick up on some Romanian but not much) but I do have one Gheorghe Enescu CD. Does that count?

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Still counts :p

I always wondered, Vintila Corbul's wonderful historical novels, have they been translated in other languages?