A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't do any new words today. Going on a mini-break from new writing until after Christmas as I want to type up parts of my WIP I've handwritten to try and figure out where I am at in the grand scheme of things.

So I typed up a 2249 word chapter today.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome wordage Matt and Ken!

Totally understand the holidays and being too busy/stressed/etc. A proofreading job just landed on my lap so I'll be "working" through the holiday, which is totally fine as I need the $$.

Gonna try for some wordage tonight, though.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This is such a great group. :D

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
None for me yesterday, either. Will try to make up for it today.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No words today. Long shift at work typing up highlights of the 1872 Rugby cup first leg (woo!). Still plotting and trying to figure out the best way to end the book.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
No new words today, but I got a fair amount outlined. I didn't solve any problems, but I sure did identify a bunch of them, which is a start.

I'm not sure this one is going to turn out to be a mystery. There's a mystery there, but it's not really the main thing.

This one feels a lot more amorphous than the last one, at least so far.

Yay for those who accomplished words!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still in thinking mode.:idea:

Congrats to all who managed a word count and :poke: to everyone like me still struggling. Or should that be a kindly Grandmother editor?:granny:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Congrats to those with words, and big hugs to those with none. (They will come.)

Managed a whopping 518 today, bringing WIP total to 32760! Getting closer to 40K! :D

Shooting to hit the 40K mark before Dec. 31st, but if I don't, ces't la vie. It's a goal, but it's not written in stone.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hooray for all words and thoughts! :hooray:

No words for me, but more outlining. My fever dream of last night has provided me with a secondary source of conflict for my story, which I think will both tighten it up and provide more of a mystery element. Still some more things I want to hash out before I get back to writing, but it's good progress.

I also spent a little time starting to outline a short story I have had on my mind (same universe). Not sure if I'll ever actually write it - it involves one of my characters as a teen, and I'm not sure I can credibly write teenagers anymore - but it was fun to work on!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite amazed. Couldn't sleep, so decided to work on the setting for my scifi mystery (basically designing a moonbase), and from that I now have 2,287 words of the new Chapter One!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
The story sounds interesting, lizmonster!

Awesome progress Ken and Matt!

muse - Sometimes thinking is good. :D

Zelenka - Good luck on figuring out the ending!

No words, just 150+ pages of proofreading. I think I killed my brain, lol.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:e2cheer: to everyone with forward progress, whether it's thinking or writing or outlining or anything else. :)

I vastly underestimated how much work and home and the kids' school would take out of me this Christmas season. Usually this is a reasonably light work time of year for me, but this year I got put in charge of some stuff that I don't usually, so it's been nuts. And all my creativity seems to be going out the window. :Shrug: Ah well.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Did about 200 new words yesterday. Going to spend an hour or so tonight writing and see how far I'll get.

Its strange though. Its the holidays, a time of supposed relaxation and yet I'm so busy at the same time. Hmmm...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Awesome words, everyone!

More outlining today, and furious replotting. It's a bit daunting, making all these changes, but I think it's better.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
578 words over the weekend, but I have a feeling they will be slaughtered when I bring out the red pen. Oh well, can't edit what I haven't written - or something like that.:D

Good luck with the re-plotting, Liz. I've written myself into a corner and need to do a little re-plotting myself. I shall let ideas ferment over Christmas. (Hopefully, that won't be the only thing fermenting.:e2drunk:)

Last edited:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of creative stuff going on in here! So great to see!

Haven't had a chance to write much lately, with Christmas preparations and work and my class and other things. But now I've arrived at my vacation destination, have spent a couple of days settling in, and we opened our gifts a few hours ago (we open the presents on Christmas Eve), so now things can calm down and I can get back to writing the first draft of my new WIP, finally. I've been longing.
Got half a chapter or so down tonight, 1006 words. Feels great to be back at it!

I hope we all will have peaceful and inspiring days this Christmas so the words can fall on our pages :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Merry Christmas, everyone!

After several days of using outlining (and family) as an excuse to write nothing, I've written 1,113 words today. I finally realized the only way I was going to be able to do the replotting was to actually do the replotting.

Although both the outlining and the family were pretty cool. :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Congrats on the word count, Liz. (and for breaking through the plotting barrier.):hooray:

Yesterday was a computer-free day, today, however, I intend to write. :poke:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote just a bit yesterday. :) Ended with a sociopath having a great idea. I can't wait to find out what that idea is...

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy belated Christmas everyone!

No writing over the past few days but I'm hoping to pick up where I left off - had a great idea for a scene last night that I want to write.