Status
Not open for further replies.

djherren

I love mysterious projects!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.moirarogers.com
Does it annoy you? I get very annoyed with myself and wish I could finish one thing :/

This is why my writing partner and I started working together. Now, if I slack off a project, I'm not just shooting myself in the foot but her, too. It's a great deal of incentive.

I wish I was better at doing it on my own, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does it annoy you? I get very annoyed with myself and wish I could finish one thing :/

Not yet. I did get a little flustered when a cool short story idea popped up in the midst of two novel length ones. I was freaked I was going to get stuck, but I wrapped up the short story and am now back to flip flopping between two projects.

My only concern is that the characterization might be choppy. We'll see...

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Working on the third book in Winona's Coming Out series and a new vamp menage series. I've just finished book two in my Ride 'em Hard series, but have to wait until Aug 1 to sub.
I have a new contract which has me on my toes with deadlines. Waiting for final edits for my Aug. 17 release.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Working on the third book in Winona's Coming Out series and a new vamp menage series. I've just finished book two in my Ride 'em Hard series, but have to wait until Aug 1 to sub.
I have a new contract which has me on my toes with deadlines. Waiting for final edits for my Aug. 17 release.

Why do you have to wait until August 1st to sub?

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Why do you have to wait until August 1st to sub?

I talked to my pub about it. I have a new contract, which required my books sent between certain dates each month, but she said early is fine. Just sent it...now the wait.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
Work on WIP #1, Seeking the Cache (Women's Lit)
Outlining for WIP #2, Untitled (Book 1 of a series I want to write), also Women's Lit. I plan to use this outline for Nano. :)

~~~ Does not multi-task writing very well.

daniellep

Registered
Reaction score
1 WIP
1 outline stashed away for another day when I have the inspiration for it
2 loads of laundry
grocery shopping
4 posts
1 serious hope that I will someday be a published author

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
In WIP limbo atm. Have a bunch I could do, but just finished 1 and sent it out on sub so I think I'll take the day off. Maybe I'll put the WIP names in a hat and pick one out. ;)

daniellep

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that Ann! I hope I can I have been thinking about it for so long but it just got pushed to the side. It's finally time!

And just so I stick to the topic because I am new and afraid I'll get in trouble or something ;)

Still 1 WIP but feeling much more confident!

DWillerson

Registered
Reaction score
2 WIP- 1 on hold at 14,600 words, Other at 6,000.
1 strong will to stay focused and write on it each day.
1 teething 8 month old who is constantly cranky.

Trying to make it work even though it means staying up past 2 am every night just so I can find the time to write.

This Mommy runs on caffeine. :]

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
D- Teething sucks. Kids want you to wear them like a broach. They cry if you hold them, they cry if you don't hold them. No win for Mommy.

Myself, gearing up to dive back into a WIP for Loose Id. Spent the night farting around with Flash/HTML on my website and finally got the stupid spiny book carousel thing to work. Yeah!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally getting the chance to return to some older projects. This should be interesting :)

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
After a year and a half of NOTHING, (was in school) now my creativity has started up again so.

1: Work in Progress
2: Planning Stage
-1-Brain Storming
-1-Outlining

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Thanks Ann, :D it's like having a drink of something you forgot you loved and you're like WOW I FORGOT HOW AWESOME THIS IS!

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
1 first draft halfway done at @ 45k.
1 idea rattling around in my head, demanding to be next. (DEMANDING)
1 sorta finished first draft that needs major editing.

DWillerson--I just babysat my teething nephew for the weekend, and I'm so tired now. You mommas out there are something else!

And cheers to you, Marumae. I'm just getting back into the writing swing myself--and it tastes lovely :)

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Finishing up 'The Phoenix and Detroit' or 'Sodom and the Phoenix'(not sure on title yet) and then onto Opal Moon, a shifter short story. And then a billion other things. :D

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Finished edits on Twist of Fate (Damaged Heroes 5) and have a release date!! Tuesday, October 25th!! Will post cover art as soon as I have it!

Now...on to finish edits on Carina Press book (Rules of the Game) so I can beat my Sept. 30th deadline! Then, I have a Christmas novella to finish by Sept. 30th as well.

I LOVE being busy!! :snoopy: Keeps my mind of the stress of waiting on submissions!!

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I think it's time to revive the thread and see what everyone is up to at the start of the new year.

I'm in the middle of edits for my next release with Loose Id, Higher Ground, which is out on 28th February. Tight deadline for that!

Between rounds of edits for that I'll be doing my edit of a draft I wrote last year to get that ready for submission. Going to get cracking on that this weekend. After that there's another draft also waiting for edits. Basically the first half of this year is edits galore. I should maybe do some short stories or something to keep my drafting mojo alive. And then there's regular blog posts, publicity stuff, all the other busywork that comes with this job. :)

What is everyone else up to?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Finishing and editing the NaNo, which is a love story sequel.
There are 4 possible contemp. rom. WIPs, either eventual short stories or novellas.
And then I have my UF/PR stuff, which is a mix of finishing drafts, editing, and rewriting in one universe.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm going through beta comments on a 99K space opera, querying a few agents on it, and considering how to trim 1200 words from a 5600-word fantasy story for an anthology. The editor has requested the rewrites, so at least I didn't get a blanket rejection for length. It has to be turned in by this Saturday, so I'll be a busy woman. Fortunately, I can think about the story while I finish painting four pieces for a poster publisher today.

Later on, I'll plot the space opera's two sequels and figure out how to split a 140K fantasy into two standalone novels.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Sorry I've been MIA... Was sick quite a bit over the holidays, and I'm scrambling to finish the first book in a sci-fi series so my agent can get it on submission. Finished all my edits on Rules of the Game that comes out from Carina in April. I have LOVED working with Carina and highly recommend them!!

dbmcnicol

Wandering but not completely lost.
Registered
Reaction score
Newbie here...working on my first novel (first in a trilogy of romance novels). I had outlined the first one over ten years ago. Updated things and came up with the idea of the trilogy. We'll see how it goes. I'm in the middle of chapter two right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.