My Work is Never Done Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally back to writing which feels good. Been hitting 3K a day writing my fourth Mad Hatterly book. :hooray:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
3K a day is excellent!

Agreed!! That's awesome.

Well, I'm almost done with this piece I want to submit to an anthology. I just hope I get in. I have a little more to write then I just have to do some editing. If I try really hard, I can get the writing done today, which would give me Friday off, and Saturday and Sunday to clean it up I guess. Does that seem like a good idea?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I still have a little bit more to go on this short story. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it done. I really don't think it will get accepted into the anthology but I tried I guess. So, that should be something. Besides, I could always edit it some more afterward, and do a bit more fixing if need be, and see if anyone else will take it.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
After a lot more time than I originally planned and some stress, I finally finished writing my short story for that anthology for Evernight Publishing. Now, all I have do is correct it and clean it up, then send it off. I'm hoping I can do that in about two days. It ended up being longer than I expected though. However, I know might end up cutting some of it down some due to editing.

EDIT: Well, now, the editing process begins. And now, I really don't feel like I'm going to make this anthology. I have to keep up with school, and it's getting really busy for me. It's getting close to finals/end of the semester.

Last edited:

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
The short I'm working on is now with my beta readers for a good battering. :box:

And I think I've at last worked out a thorny plot issue I was stymied on for the novel I'm doing an R&R on, which is a relief. :e2woo:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
The short I'm working on is now with my beta readers for a good battering. :box:

Good luck!

Mine just came back from two people I had read it. I've read through some of the comments, not all of them. Editing is going to be slightly brutal, but hopefully, I can get through it before the deadline is up.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have one scene left to write on the current m/m and then it's on to rewrites. :)

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished edits on my second novella in my series and plan to sub it tomorrow. I kind of feel like I'm on a treadmill, but this is the most fun I've ever had ” working out.” Now I have to address some issues with #1 and then on to plot out #3. Whew! Somebody hand me a towel!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I finished the story I mentioned here in my last post. Now it's on to rewriting it.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on the 3rd round of edits for my first completed m/f sci-fi/shifter erotic romance novella (30k) and hope to get it subbed in the next couple of weeks. It's stand-alone with a couple of minor plot points unresolved with the intent for it to be a series. Then I'll start fleshing out the notes I've made for the 2nd book in the series.

Also have a m/f/m paranormal (shifter) erotic romance WIP that I'm hoping to get back to soon. Also meant to be a series.

And a m/f/m paranormal (vampire/angel/demons) erotic romance WIP that's lurking in a folder on my computer.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I sent out another sub(Contemporary m/m) and am waiting to hear back on it. I've also finished a sub for an anthology. It's currently with a beta and then it will need an edit before I sub it.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally back to writing which feels good. Been hitting 3K a day writing my fourth Mad Hatterly book. :hooray:

Sweet!

I'm in the midst of a little NaNo challenge with my writing buddy, so I've been making good progress on one WIP--5k in two days. :)

Only 30k more to go.
(And then edit hell and betas. both will be brutal, I'm sure.)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Working on the second draft of my Cont. Romance WIP. It's becoming harder and harder to work on mostly because I don't want to do it. But I have to. The second draft does feel a lot better than the first so far tough. So, that's a plus. However, I have to get the draft done soon then decide if I want to do a third draft or just run some edits. I want to try free myself up so when June Nano Camp arrives I can finally work on my Urban Fantasy. I would've liked to get this WIP sent out before June Camp, but something tells me that won't happen.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently finishing edits for my 3rd paranormal m/m romance to self-pub in June. I'm also having my urban fantasy m/m beta read to submit to publishers in June. Also, I'm writing a contemporary m/m romance.

And, I'm patiently waiting for edits from my Total E-bound editor! :)

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Just about to finish writing the new scenes for the one I'm revising to resubmit. Then I have to start the rewriting of the rest of it and finally edit the whole thing.

And I've just had a short accepted for a fundraising anthology for the UKGLBT fiction meet in September. It's not a paying market, but the individual stories will later be available to buy from the publisher who's doing the book, so I might make the price of a latte from it. :D I consider that mostly promo though, rather than a moneyspinner. It gets me in an anthology alongside some big names in the British contingent of my genre.

Meanwhile I also have to write TWO blog posts this weekend - one to schedule for next weekend, since I'll be a away chilling out for a few days. When I return, it's stern work all the way on the R&R.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Just about to finish writing the new scenes for the one I'm revising to resubmit. Then I have to start the rewriting of the rest of it and finally edit the whole thing.

And I've just had a short accepted for a fundraising anthology for the UKGLBT fiction meet in September. It's not a paying market, but the individual stories will later be available to buy from the publisher who's doing the book, so I might make the price of a latte from it. :D I consider that mostly promo though, rather than a moneyspinner. It gets me in an anthology alongside some big names in the British contingent of my genre.

Meanwhile I also have to write TWO blog posts this weekend - one to schedule for next weekend, since I'll be a away chilling out for a few days. When I return, it's stern work all the way on the R&R.

I subbed to an antho this week. I've yet to see much money from anthos, but you're right about the promo aspect. It's a great way to get read by people who otherwise might not have read you.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I sent off another sub tonight. The wait is 6-8 weeks, but it's with a publisher I really like.

I'm currently working on a MMF and a MFM, both are geared towards Siren.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I sent off another sub tonight. The wait is 6-8 weeks, but it's with a publisher I really like.

I'm currently working on a MMF and a MFM, both are geared towards Siren.

Good luck!!

I just finished final copy edit on The Reluctant Amazon. First round developmental edits are done on book 2 (The Impetuous Amazon) and am waiting for round 2. Am 4 chapters into a novella for Siren and am 3 chapters from finishing the post apoc.

Four more days of school, then I get to pretend to be a full-time writer for 8 weeks!! :snoopy:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!!

I just finished final copy edit on The Reluctant Amazon. First round developmental edits are done on book 2 (The Impetuous Amazon) and am waiting for round 2. Am 4 chapters into a novella for Siren and am 3 chapters from finishing the post apoc.

Four more days of school, then I get to pretend to be a full-time writer for 8 weeks!! :snoopy:

Thanks!

That must be awesome to have that time off, but it's well deserved after all year.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
They'd have to allow restraints and pupil-tazing before I'd even try it. ;)

Lots of writing to do today! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.