Get used to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
All of those are variations of my legal name, or nicknames given to me by trusted friends. I fairly used to them all by now.

That's giving me an idea...

Let me go pick up a pen and list down my old usernames and nicknames. Maybe there's something interesting there, after all. :tongue

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My tentative pen name is a composite of names lifted from some songs that mean some stuff to me.

That so sounds like I'm thirteen. But it's not like that. It's very deep and meaningful. The two names I picked are both, in their contexts, examples of spectacular failure. I've always thought spectacular success was too much to hope for, but maybe I could be spectacular at failure. (But maybe success will come while I'm pursuing it?) :D

Anyway. They're in songs, which means they're quite familiar already. As applied to me, it's weird, but much less weird than anything else I've come up with. So. I figure time will get me used to it. Unless I end up hating it. But I'm constantly pregnant with the babies of capriciousness, and that's a danger with anything I'd pick. :D

I'd think just repeating it to yourself a bunch (in your head, maybe) would make it more familiar?

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
My potential pen name is my first and middle name. My first name is first, but my last name is always pronounced wrong. My middle name works well as a fake last name and would never be pronounced wrong.

The upside? I would use my real first name, so when someone calls Elizabeth or Liz (hence angeliz), I'll still turn my head.

The downside? When people use the full pen name (my real first name and middle name), I'll feel like my mother if scolding me... that will take some getting used to!

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
I've used this one on the Internet for a while - even as a Site Admin once or twice - so it isn't weird for people to call me Hiroko. I am not published yet, but if plans continue as they are, I'll publish under this nom de plume.
Where it came from?...A personality test. :tongue

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I've never had anyone call me by a pen name, so I have no idea about getting used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.