• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carolyn Jenks Agency

Snafu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ijsarfeh.com
Thanks for the congrats, Erin. I wish you the very best with your "little masterpiece." I, too, have nothing but praises for my dealings with Carolyn Jenks and her team. Keep us posted on the outcome of your novel.

ksbaby

Perhaps, today is the day.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They had my full for nearly 3 months. Just received a form rejection. The thing is, I've just done a complete revise of my MS, and sent them an email to ask if they wanted to see the new version. They never replied back. It must have gotten lost in cyber space. I must go on:(

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
They just requested the first 50 from me too :)

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
E-queried yesterday, request for first 50 pages and bio today :).

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Wow these people are fast. After seeing rosepddle's post, I queried yesterday. An hour after query, I had a partial request. Today, request for the full.

SisterWriters

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent my letter off and within minutes got a 50 pages request with a 3 week exclusive. I would have to say they respond very quick. Fingers crossed! :)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

A friend of mine (really, it's a friend of mine and not me!) has recently received an offer of rep from the Carolyn Jenks agency and I've offered to do a little research for them.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has any recent experience with this agency (and in particular with George Kenneth Berger at the agency) or knows anything new about them? For instance, what are they like to work with on an editorial basis and in terms of their communications? What is their submissions process to editors like? And does anyone know if this agency has had much recent success in making deals for their clients?

Please feel free to post any info here or to send me a private message.

Thanks! :)

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
According to Publisher's Marketplace, Carolyn Jenks has made two deals in the past six years (one in 2005 and one in 2010) both to Big 6 publishers. I couldn't find any sales on there for George Kenneth Berger.

Note that this doesn't mean they haven't made any other sales, just that they haven't reported them.

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Note that this doesn't mean they haven't made any other sales, just that they haven't reported them.

Maybe it's just me, but I always think that's a little strange. I know other agents do this too, but I always wonder why. I mean, why wouldn't you report a sale? Shouldn't agents be shouting their success from the rooftops? I know I would... ;)

Anyway, thanks Thedrellum for the info - that's really helpful.

Snafu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ijsarfeh.com
The agency just landed a huge deal for one of its writers, Rebecca Kanner, with Simon and Schuster. I'm still with the agency and absolutely delighted with our working relationship.

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
I equeried Ms. Jenks on Friday 2/24 and received a request for 50 pages last night 2/26

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats carefulwithwords! :) Keep us posted...