• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Furniss Lawton

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be an thread for this agency, so here it is. :)

There's no question that they are legit, but I wondered if anyone has had any experience of them. They are open to new authors, and represent HF, but seem to represent more celebrity names than any thing else.

http://furnisslawton.co.uk/

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Eugenie Furniss used to be the William Morris Agent in the UK ... so, top notch. I found her extremely good to work with ... she has requested fulls from me in the past, when she was with WM, and always rea ( and rejected!) quickly.

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Eugenie Furniss used to be the William Morris Agent in the UK ... so, top notch. I found her extremely good to work with ... she has requested fulls from me in the past, when she was with WM, and always rea ( and rejected!) quickly.

Well, I just queried her, so at least I'll know sooner rather than later. (I hope)

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

Any recent interactions from AWers with this agency? They look pretty good - and I'd definitely sub to them going by the professionalism of their website and their clientèle - but I had a lot of trouble working out what genres they're looking for. Yes, almost the majority of their clients are celebs or people already in the industry, but there are a couple of chic lit and romance authors, thriller/crime authors and, as far as I can see, only two [Urban?] Fantasy authors.

I'm querying a Fantasy Romance, so if they represent HF, that'd be good. ;) I hope my input is relevant here. :) Thoughts?

~Fleur

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
You could phone them up and ask what genres they're looking for. UK agencies are generally unlike US agencies in this respect, they will talk to you if you call.

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

Any recent interactions from AWers with this agency? They look pretty good - and I'd definitely sub to them going by the professionalism of their website and their clientèle - but I had a lot of trouble working out what genres they're looking for. Yes, almost the majority of their clients are celebs or people already in the industry, but there are a couple of chic lit and romance authors, thriller/crime authors and, as far as I can see, only two [Urban?] Fantasy authors.

I'm querying a Fantasy Romance, so if they represent HF, that'd be good. ;) I hope my input is relevant here. :) Thoughts?

~Fleur

I got a full request from my YA dark contemporary thriller-ish thing from Liane-Louise at F+L on 28th March from a query sent on January 30th. (They represent Kevin Brooks, who is YA royalty in the UK, so I hoped they might like it.) Haven't heard back since, but I'll update if/when I do. :)

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Waylander, I didn't know that. Guess I've been spending too much time reading American querying help online.

Good luck, Ink_Goddess. :) I haven't yet reached the full request stage. :( Did you query Liane-Louise or one of the agents?

Another question (sorry!): any idea what their stance is on the New Adult classification?