• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Escape Publishing / Harlequin Enterprises Pty. Ltd. (AU)

WerbyG

Wandering aimlessly in the slush...
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have info on Escape Publishing? I've subbed to them and been asked for a full MS. I'd love to hear from other authors who have published with them, or if anyone has anything helpful to add. They're relatively new, but seem to be quite good as far as I can tell.

Thanks, guys

WerbyG

Registered
Reaction score
They've also got a wicked fast turnaround, and I've heard nothing but good things on the internets about Kate Cuthbert, Escape's editor-in-chief.

WerbyG

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Barbara :) I've already been there and subbed via the website: I was hoping for some personal experience from someone who has published with them. I've seen a few small snippets on authors' blogs, but very little as of yet- as, I suppose, befits a new imprint. Escape seem to make their presence felt very well on the internet, but I'd love to hear more from the authors themselves.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Kate got back to me in nine days and said she was looking forward to reading the full. I don't know if that's a standard confirmation or what. Sounds good, anyway and that was pretty swift for finding me in the stack, which must be pretty large.

Tri--with everything crossed.

Last edited:

WerbyG

Registered
Reaction score
Still really impressed with Escape so far. Kate got back to me really quickly again after she recieved my manuscript, to let me know she'd gotten it.
Also, one of Escape's authors contacted me to answer questions and generally be very lovely and helpful.
Now to see if they like my MS well enough to publish!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Like Carina, Escape is owned and run by Harlequin staff, but it is focused on Australian and New Zealand authors above all, although not exclusively.

They have had one huge break out hit that I happen to know of because the author with the breakout book is a friend, and her book was moved from Escape to the Mira line, but she did have a past as a Harlequin Author for their Romantic Suspense line before publishing with Escape.

Last edited:

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Any of you get accepted since you posted in April? How long was the turnaround?

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent information about Escape's response times and/or editing practices (if they have any quirks, i'm assuming they do edit :))?

Featuring the best in LGBT and queer romance, we take submissions from sweet to scorching.

I'm especially interested in whether this statement from their website means they'd like to see stories that go beyond MM and FF. I'm guessing it does, but my guesses don't always line up with those of industry professionals.
TIA!

Last edited: