Hello from the first floor, second table of the library!

Pine Tree

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just found this site and I'm really happy to find a community of writers. I have published one book - an academic book on the environment (I'm a professor), but now I'm writing a popular non-fiction book on the Great Lakes which is a brand new challenge. It's hard work finding my new "voice".

In my spare time I pretend to enjoy running and I also curl competitively (yep, the Olympic sport on ice with brooms).

You can find me on twitter as well doing a mix of environmental stuff and parenting

@CapacityBldg4SD (I'll follow back!)

Cheers everyone!

DangerOLeary

Type A Personality
Registered
Reaction score
Website
daneoleary.com
Interesting mix of interests. Welcome, fellow newbie. I'm Dane. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, sharing work, and reading yours.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

annapalooza

Learning about time management
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Curling is awesome! Are you one of the shouty rock pushers or the yelly sweepers? (Or does that sort of thing rotate?)