Hi, everyone!

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm a new member here on Absolute Write. I've been reading for fun ever since I was about twelve. I went from reading Harry Potter to reading YA in the beginning of high school and then landing on epic fantasy in the end of high school.

Now, pretty much all I read is epic fantasy, though I'm always up to read books of other genres.

Right now I'm eighteen, in my first year of university, and trying to write what I plan to be an 85k novel for the first time. (I'm about 24k into it).

This definitely seems like an awesome place to have discovered. I'm looking forward to reading some great writing on the forum, and also perhaps posting some of mine.

-Hanna

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
@JamesL: Yup, I'm absolutely obsessed with Sanderson's epic fantasy novels, I'm on a mission to read all of them, heh.

Nom de Plume

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, wotcherH. I'm new, too. My husband and I are working on an epic fantasy. We hope to finish and publish it sometime before we die. I hope you and I both find (and give!) help as members of this site.

That Sanderson fellow: I gave him a try and didn't care for his work. I know he's popular. I wonder if it's a generational thing?

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
@NomdePlume Hi! That's awesome. About Sanderson, I don't think it's a generational thing so much as the fact that some readers will like his stuff, and other's won't. It's as simple as that, I think.

@EllaM Hi Ella! :)

spieles

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and have you read anything by Brandon Sanderson? (I am a fan-man-boy ... what can I say?)

I quite liked the way he finished up The Wheel of Time books. It could have been terrible.

The only other book by him that I've read is Steelheart. I liked that too. Didn't love it, but I was really disappointed when I saw the wait for the next book.

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
I quite liked the way he finished up The Wheel of Time books. It could have been terrible.

The only other book by him that I've read is Steelheart. I liked that too. Didn't love it, but I was really disappointed when I saw the wait for the next book.

I haven't read Steelheart yet. I know two people with completely opposite opinions on it, heh.