Greetings!

StreetCalledHaight

Registered
Reaction score
Edit: <- I love my description.

Hi folks!

I can't believe I haven't found you before - I had a friend on Facebook recommend I join ... to protect his anonymity, I'll call him J. Vogt. No, that's too obvious - let's call him Josh V.

Anyway -

I've been writing since I was 12 but decided to hit the gas after my son was born in 2008. I've self-pubbed three novels (I write the Flotilla Series) and I'm working on getting a deal for my fourth.

I love writing - it's my way of making sure that the bad noise in my stays at a reasonable level. That said, writing that nobody else wrote never satisfied me. I wrote a ton of stuff in Word or Google Docs and it killed me to see others out there with stuff I felt was of lesser quality. So I started submitting my stuff for publication. The fact that people read what I wrote and loved it ... better than sex.

I've had a lot of interesting adventures in getting my stuff to market but I needed to take the next step. AW was recommended as part of that next step.

Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I look forward to whatever madcap adventures we'll be having together.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Nom de Plume

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Street! I briefly checked out your Flotilla page. Dystopian is not my cup of tea, but it's good to see a writer actively pursuing his publishing dreams and goals. Thank you for sharing that.

StreetCalledHaight

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Street! I briefly checked out your Flotilla page. Dystopian is not my cup of tea, but it's good to see a writer actively pursuing his publishing dreams and goals. Thank you for sharing that.

Thanks very kindly - it's nice to be so warmly welcomed. :)

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

I hear what you're saying - please be assured that my intention isn't to spam.

Last edited: