Hello! I thought I saw...

Nom de Plume

Registered
Reaction score
...a thread on posting the first two sentences of your novel to get feedback. But I can't find it again. Can anyone help me? I didn't just dream this did I?

And, yes, I'm new with all the usual hopes and aspirations, insecurities and so forth.

Thanks for your help.

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
A moderator will most likely post a welcome to you and advise you to read the Newbie Guide, etc., and maybe they can find it. I searched, but to no avail. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

But I don't think you dreamed it, because I remember a similar challenge some time back. Of course, it might be real and you could have dreamed it. :)

Oh: and :welcome:!

hefronica

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and greetings, fellow new person! :hi:

I don't recall a 'first 2 sentences' feedback post, but I have seen a 'one sentence summary' on the Main Share Your Work Board. I could have sworn I saw a 'first 200 words' feedback thread, but I've lost where it was! Maybe we're both dreaming things. Argh!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here is the thread where you can post the first sentences of your novel.

And here is the Share Your Work subforum where you can swop critiques with other authors in your genre.

But, just as a FYI, you're more likely to get feedback if you interact a bit with folks first. People who show up and say "I want people to help me!" without showing that they're willing to help others in return are less likely to receive a wholehearted response to their requests.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Nom de Plume

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Hello, THM and all the rest of you who took time to reply to my post. I read through the newbie guide. Thank you! May you be blessed to receive the perfect words and phrases just as you need them in your writing.