The Bouncy Castle in Space

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, Dave. That sounds awful. Hope you heal quickly. Until then, nobody bounce on Dave!

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
The little storm has passed my house. Officially, 5 inches of snow. The big storm is supposed to hit in a couple of hours. Maybe 11 inches. I'm so excited!!! We haven't had any snow in so long.

But I wish hubby was home so I knew he was safe.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited too... it's headed our way! They're saying we will get a little snow plus ice in my area (south Saint Louis), while the northerly parts will get more snow.

SNOW DAY ... SNOW DAY ... SNOW DAY ... SNOW DAY ...

I hope your husband gets home safe & sound.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
God, you guys are scaring me. I haven't paid any attention to weather reports this week, so have no idea if it's supposed to snow. Sadly, there's no such thing as a snow day in my career, so snow is BAD. Unless it's the weekend. I still hate snow on the weekend, but I'm perfectly happy to stay indoors with a book. :D

Stay warm and safe. :Hug2:

It's been a full month since I started eating healthier. No fast food in a month. I'm over the bad habits and don't even feel tempted to eat bad stuff anymore. And I'm down 12.8 pounds. :Jump:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Smish! I read the other day that not getting enough sleep leads a person to overeat, so I'm adding SLEEP to my list of important things to do.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. I wish I could add sleep to my list of things to do. The Sandman is not a friend of mine. :e2yawn:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Smish!
Hi Sheila!
Hi Sissy!
Hi Ruth!
Hi MsJudy!
Hi MJWare!
Hi DavidBrett!
Hi Kitty!
Hi Jed!

wwwMessenToolscom-Frutas-handsup_zpsb08f7ca9.gif

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, swachski! :D

Hey, everybody, it's swachski's birthday! Bouncy Castle birthday PARRRRR-TAY! :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Jump:

oops..

*eats cake..

*...waits

*...waits

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Swachski! Is it your birthday for real? Happy birthday! Where's the cake?

I have a preemptive snow day tomorrow due to the massive ice storm they are forecasting!

:snoopy: :hooray:

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Hah, make a difference to see you all freaking out over snow days after us Brits have had ours. Usually it's the other way around, or we get missed out entirely!

Happy birthday, Swachski!

On a lesser note, guess who ended up back in hospital via an ambulance because his chest was in searing pain and his ribs were popping? :( :(

Yep, this time I had a full run of tests and x-rays. No ribs are cracked, fractured or broken, which means this terrible agony really is just muscle damage, and could take SIX WEEKS to fully heal. I've been prescribed a week's worth of powerful painkillers, with repeats easily accessible from my doctor.

Fun, fun, fun!!

Dave

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief, Dave. Take better care of yourself, will ya? We want you back in bouncing form! :Hug2:

Enjoy the day, Ruth! Write. Or read. Or, you know, something else good and fun. No cleaning or laundry or chores. :D

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Hah, make a difference to see you all freaking out over snow days after us Brits have had ours. Usually it's the other way around, or we get missed out entirely!

Happy birthday, Swachski!

On a lesser note, guess who ended up back in hospital via an ambulance because his chest was in searing pain and his ribs were popping? :( :(

Yep, this time I had a full run of tests and x-rays. No ribs are cracked, fractured or broken, which means this terrible agony really is just muscle damage, and could take SIX WEEKS to fully heal. I've been prescribed a week's worth of powerful painkillers, with repeats easily accessible from my doctor.

Fun, fun, fun!!

Dave

Well, look at it this way: while in an opium-educed state, you have the chance to write spectacularly vivid tales involving fantastic talking things just as many novelists have but don't want to admit!

On a serious note, get better. :D

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Feel better, Dave!

You guys, I woke up to an email from a super amazing agent wanting to set up a phone call. :D Not until late next week, so I'm going to be in massive suspense, but I am feeling extremely bouncy today!!!!

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Feel better, Dave!

You guys, I woke up to an email from a super amazing agent wanting to set up a phone call. :D Not until late next week, so I'm going to be in massive suspense, but I am feeling extremely bouncy today!!!!

Joy, that is marvelous news!!!! It will be an offer!!!!! A super tremendously wonderful offer. :snoopy:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I've been too busy watching the snow, but now I'm back.

Congratulations, Joy!!!! That is exciting news.

Swachski! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday!!! I hope it was fabulastic!

Dave - ouchie! I'm so sorry you're hurting. Or were. You probably feel really good by now.

Ruth - WATCH OUT! These are two freaky storms. We've had thunder snow, and the lightning is super bright because it reflects off the snowflakes. It's still snowing steadily here and we already have about a foot. I know it hit Kansas City around 7 this morning and they were getting about 2 to 3 inches per hour! They've finally closed part of I-70 but I'm south of there. Our highway is open, but hardly no traffic at all. A few semis is about all I've seen.

Even my husband stayed home from work, and he NEVER does that. But there's no way he can get out of our driveway.

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Joy! Wonderful news!

wanna say 'told you so', but I won't. Heck, yes, I will. "Told you so." :)

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep us posted, Joy! :TheWave:

Thundersnow is a cool phenomenon, sissy. But I hope it doesn't come my way. :D

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Thanks, everyone! It definitely might not be an offer - she mentioned some revision thoughts in her email. But I'm great with revisions! It's an agency with a track record for quiet middle grade, AND she read two of my manuscripts and is excited about both of them. That's kind of the clincher on the awesomeness - because I thought eventually it would happen, but I expected to find an agent who only liked one or the other.

Feel free to "told you so" me all you want. :D It's not a done deal yet, but I'm awfully happy today.