The Bouncy Castle in Space

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right. I think I'll change my Camp WriMo goal to 10K... (the minimum I can aim for).

I just remembered that there is such a thing as songs about time travel...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a nice weekend. Placed second in our group's obstacle course ski race and got a coffee mug for a prize. Now I have 7 prize mugs for the 7 years I've been a volunteer with the adaptive ski school, for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. I'm under pressure to continue my streak!

Also: new avatar!

Love the new avatar! And congrats on your WIN. :e2woo: Sounds like a great time.

Keep forgetting to mention this: I'm giving away signed copies of my new picture books via twitter - folks just need to follow me, and RT the tweet to enter.

It's really fun meeting new folks on twitter after they enter. But I'd also love to have some AW folks in the draw!

I'm not on twitter. But picture books! Yay! :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What are your favourite resources for researching things for children's fiction?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read the stickied threads, lisalulu. They're there for a reason. ;) The Everything MG thread, the tool kit, the KidLit Blogs thread, etc.; they're packed with resources. You'll find the very BEST resources in the Talk about the kidlit you're reading thread, though. :Thumbs:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I must be losing my mind, but I thought someone had posted in here about looking for a chocolate Easter bunny that was safe for kids with peanut allergies (maybe it was Britwriter's twitter feed.

But if you're around any of the Vermont Peanut Free Chocolate stores, you could pick one up there. They can't fill any more orders and get them mailed out in time for Easter, though.

And I LOVE free picture books. Just sayin'.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

Looking up my time travel recs on Goodreads -- and I actually recognise Beswitched!

ETA: I really am struggling to decide what to work on next.

Last edited:

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an idea... now I just need time. :)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been...forever? Since I've been here. Hope everyone is bouncing!!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been...forever? Since I've been here. Hope everyone is bouncing!!

hi! how's it going?

i'm up in eugene helping my parents with their house. except for this weekend we were up at a friend's cabin and i went skiing. today i reorganized the garage, whoopee! tomorrow trips to the dump and then building raised garden beds.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, thanks, KittyPride and Smish!

I'm a little jealous, KittyPride!! My backyard is a quagmire (is that even how you spell that??) right now, and will be for several months, so no real gardening for me this year. I bought some seeds, herbs and tomatoes and lettuces...just stuff I can grow in pots for now.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Spiral. You deserve some dancing bananas. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You have a good time, Kitty. Don't forget to send us a postcard. (do they still make them?)