Yay dys!!! Vary happy for you :)

I don't mind taking a look blond :)

I hope you have a nice date para

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just checking in... I legitimately feel good this morning. Last night I watched some videos that reminded me of how much I worked on myself and how much of a better person I became in 2012... I remembered my breathing exercises. Last night I sat and breathed and focuses. Today I feel good. I think I'm back to about 90% today. Things look good today.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Dys, yay!

Dragon, congrats!

(((Cricket)))

(((Para)))

(((Clovia))) Good luck.

UK purgies, enjoy your snow and be careful!

Caleb, glad to hear it.

Four day weekend for me! Think if I do nothing strenuous the whole time I can kick this cold finally? No? Me neither. But my plan is to sit on my butt, spew out a bunch of words on the WIP, and watch lots of Netflix. Here's hoping....

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for long weekends! I will use mine to spend quality time with my cold.

Sorry for your stress, Rick. Caleb, glad you are feeling centered.

charmingbillie

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!!

Not really caught up and WAY behind on repping, but I wanted to say hi at least.

Hope everyone has a great day. It's warm here (32 already. 32!) but it's going to be cold, cold, cold by Sunday.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hola, Purgatorio! (Can you tell I don't speak Spanish? I bet you can.)

Not a lot to report here. I'm working on a computer restructuring which seems to be going pretty well, moving word processing into the admin account because DropBox seems unable to access user accounts and vice versa.

Except that my WIP seems to have disappeared. I am not allowing myself to panic quite yet. I only had about 7500 words, so even if I somehow sent it into the ether, it's not quite a tragedy. But come on, desktop, where the fuck did it go? I promise, I'll clean your keyboard if you tell.

We're expecting serious cold to arrive Monday, highs in the teens and some wind. I am resisting the urge to stockpile necessities and never go outside at all, as well as the urge to eat heavy foods and bake daily when the calories consumed by staying inside are so few. Kindly inform Mother Nature I really don't need to put on fat for the winter. I need not wait for spring to progress far enough to produce new food, not with a Wegmans down the road.

Maryn, in a torrid affair with her grocery store

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid I did surrender to the fattening up urge.

I made rice krispies treats and French Onion soup, then there shall be a nice hearty cottage pie for dinner. It's that kind of day. We must have at least 6 inches of snow by now but I think it's pretty much stopped.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!:)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Creeper got in trouble yesterday for not following departmental procedures, and his defense is "But I told you I was going to do that!" And our answer was "Yes, and you knew it was wrong, and announcing your intention to be a dumbass does not excuse it." So he's scheduled a meeting with BossBoss to bitch. I'm amused.

Paid bills this morning, and I have too much money leftover at the end. What the hell did I forget?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgies! It was -12 when I got up this morning. Poor Dogginess: I'd get her those dog booties if I thought they'd end up being more than a few hours of extreme entertainment for me and Mr. Sunna, but I know she won't wear them. She high-stepped all the way to her pee spot.

{{{Cricket}}} I've had meetings like that.

{{Rick}} Sorry for the stress.

{{Para}} ugh on the drama, but yay for Ms. Coffee!

Good luck with the snow, UK purgs!

Maryn, yeek. I hope you find it.

Doing taxes this weekend. Expect this to be a wee bit painful. :rolleyes:

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

((lily)) for the stomach bug.

Dragon- yay for official release date!

My brain is kind of fried this morning as I stayed up late watching some fights on TV. I need a lot more sleep. But, it isn't going to happen. I have to finish a hat and scarf for my friend's fiance. She told me the other day he has no winter clothes at all, no money to buy them with, and has been stealing pieces of her winter wardrobe just so he won't freeze to go to work. Needless to say, I've been working on a simple black hat and scarf.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Release date!!! May 1st. :)

WOOHOO!!

The public message from our bosses - DON'T PANIC!

43357756-animal_house_kevin_bacon_520240x160-1.jpg

Inside the 5-sided building:

dontpanic-1.jpg

I hope everyone is well and I'll catch you later!

And we thank you for the Kevin Bacon reminder. Gah, Teh Sequestration. This whole thing. Fucking nightmare. Why do we consistently seem to elect the greediest, stupidest people on the planet to govern our nation?

All right, inquiry sent to yet another artist who seems to know what plugs into where in a kitsune fable.

Pock chop?

I'm afraid I did surrender to the fattening up urge.

I made rice krispies treats and French Onion soup, then there shall be a nice hearty cottage pie for dinner. It's that kind of day. We must have at least 6 inches of snow by now but I think it's pretty much stopped.

This, this is the only thing that makes winter acceptable. When you're safe inside with a nummy meal under a heavy blanket of snow.

Paid bills this morning, and I have too much money leftover at the end. What the hell did I forget?

LOL! I have just experienced the same feeling. What have I forgotten. Or was I so anxious about the drop in my paycheck courtesy of Congress that I was verrrrry frugal last month?

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Purgs!

I just got up and the budget drills are scrolling off the bottom of my Blackberry. Now they want the impact statement for a 34% cut. I guess we'll shut off the water as well as the electricity. * sigh *

Hmmm, maybe I can have a bake sale to generate the cash I need. We've got some pretty good cooks in here. I can't pay you, but I "might" have some excess military hardware...

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Morning Purgs!

I just got up and the budget drills are scrolling off the bottom of my Blackberry. Now they want the impact statement for a 34% cut. I guess we'll shut off the water as well as the electricity. * sigh *

Hmmm, maybe I can have a bake sale to generate the cash I need. We've got some pretty good cooks in here. I can't pay you, but I "might" have some excess military hardware...

How does that old bumper sticker go?

It will be a great day when schools have all the funding they need and the Air Force Navy has to hold a bake sale to buy new bombers submarines.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies. It's Friday. LOOONG weekend too! Woot.

(((Cricket))) (((Rick))) (((Para))) (((Kell))) and ((((anyone I missed)))

My agent has exciting news to tell me and writing partner that she refuses to reveal until our lunch meeting next Friday. No idea what it could be (and no, I doubt an offer, she'd probably tell us that right away). But, she says that the contract I signed gives her exclusive rights to bug me. Knew I should have had that line removed. :p

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for exciting anything, Snappy!

LOL Red. And I think I got your extra bills. January is holiday bills, semiannual preschool tuition, and semiannual car insurance. It's the least wonderful time in my bank account.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Friday, y'all!

Rick, hugs for budget woes. Y'all don't have any $600 toilet seats to cut?

Dragon, woot for date! :)

Snappy, woot for news!!!! :)

Fire, woot for yummies and snow! :)

We have snow, but not on the roads. I want pizza and fried pickles for dinner. No, I'm not preggo. I'm pretty sure. :) But it's Friday and that sounds good.

I'm in a GREAT mood today for no apparent reason, so I'm just gonna roll with it. :D

*bounces out*

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mornin' puglets!

rick, yow! *hugs*

para, hope less dra=ma now.
when will you dish more on ms. coffee? have fun! =D

clovia, sorry about the flaky artists.
the two i've worked with from DA were
very professional. good luck!

taiwanese treats ordered for LA signing
tomorrow. supposed to be 81 degrees. i'll
be in a strapless antho dress (per usual).

and i'm almost done with my chinese beauty
painting! so excited! really love her.

also, loving jennw's debut. such a fantastic
read! in awe of the talent that is in the puglet
collective.

finally exercising again after a 4 week break.
sore but feels great!
/bootay shake!

Shveta

Dangling from rainbows
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The sun is out, the sun is out, THE SUN IS OUT!!!

*jumps up and down*

I cannot believe how much better I feel and how much more motivated I am do things with the sun shining in a blue sky.

Now to go rep everyone! *runs off gleefully*

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Hops into purgy with some of the good mood effecting (affecting?) lwalker and Shveta. It's amazing what sunshine and Friday can do for a person, yay weekend.:)

Working on line edits in my quiet house until O gets home on his half day in about an hour. He has asked me to take him bowling, LOL. Should be interesting.

Aw, thanks Cindy!:)

{rick}

{sunna & doginess} yikes that is cold!

sammy - good luck finishing.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Purgies! Total lunchtime driveby here, as I wanted to at least wave hello! I've been trying to rep from time to time, but I've been hopeless about keeping up. Under deadline until March, and I've taken on a group blog and some other stuff that is cutting seriously into my online playtime.

I'll be writing a good amount of the weekend, so I will try to stop in on breaks (it can be my reward for wordage!). But high fives and hugs as needed!

Happy friday (and weekend) all!

~suki

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Snappy, your agent is a TEASE. Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Thanks to all of your who offered website feedback. I'm going to be taking it live next week, joy of joys. The self-promotion NEVER EVER STOPS!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
yay snappy!!!

suki, i miss you! good luck with
your deadlines!!

and blondie too. you are Forever On Deadline.
but hey, that ain't a bad thing!! =D

eta: as clarification, i'm reading a bound ms of
jenn's debut. when does it come out, jenn? in the fall?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.