• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silver Publishing

PatriciaB

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at this publisher for one or two of their submission calls. However, I'm not familiar with them at all. Can anyone tell me what hey knnow about them...good, bad...indifferent?

Their royatly rate is good, website looks sharp, but I'd like to know how long they've been up and running. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Ugh. No excerpts, ungrammatical and wonkily written blurbs for their books. Very little information about the books, the company, anything. I'm not impressed.

Also, the second title I clicked on was a brother/brother incest romance, which is just a personal ick for me.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you click on the "Our Authors" tab at the top of the page, click on an author's name, and the page has banner ads for other sites, but no information about the author. The hell?

Elisabeth Bruce

Registered
Reaction score
I've ended up here in the Silver thread when I was looking for WB Publishing - is there a 'tie-in' ?

A member at Yahoo groups said she was accepted for publishing by WB. She is also looking for assistance in editing and how much do professional edits cost.

I've sent her here to AW get the various help she needs.

The two WB's I've come up with so far, is one in Zambia? (ZA) and one who does real estate publishing.

I could be wrong and I hope I am, but I couldn't walk away.

Elisabeth.

I forgot to say the Yahoo group is: Australian Writers Online.

Last edited:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Yeah, you click on the "Our Authors" tab at the top of the page, click on an author's name, and the page has banner ads for other sites, but no information about the author. The hell?

That page is an index list of author names. They take you to the actual authors' bio pages (e.g. http://silverpublishing.info/index.php?main_page=page&id=5 ).

They look absolutely new: If I read their page correctly they only opened their doors on June 1st. The site doesn't look completely debugged; you get a 404 when you click on the link for "Author and Publisher Agreement" from the main page (left-hand column, under "More Information") and the 404 error reads:

Page Not Found

Custom 404 Error Page with Site Map Sample Text ...

Put your custom "page not found" message here. You can change this text in the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.
But with enough clicking around, I did find their submission guidelines:

http://silverpublishing.info/index.php?main_page=page_3

Bizarrely, they say their physical address is in Cape Town, South Africa. But their mailing address is in Detroit, Michigan.

http://silverpublishing.info/index.php?main_page=contact_us

No advance, offer 60% of net, romance, steamy and up, with happily-ever-after endings.

Last edited:

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
That incest book is one of the top ten erotica books at All Romance e-books (a pretty big distributor in the genre), so they're getting some exposure, at least. And another book they published is the number one gay romance at ARe. (I knew I'd seen the name somewhere).

I'd check for how they define 'net' but 60% is a great royalties rate (a hell of a lot more than I'm getting), and apparently they have the sales to back them up, so I think they might be worth a try. Let us know how it goes, 'cause I'm kinda interested, now...

JL_Benet

writer/teacher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlbenet.com
Bizarrely, they say their physical address is in Cape Town, South Africa. But their mailing address is in Detroit, Michigan.
Info relating to the address in Detroit:

<snipped>
Lists OGUNNUPE, ADEDAYO & JUDIE STEWART as the applicants
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1795495249
Lists Kandi Apple as his daughter
http://www.facebook.com/kandi.09
The Silver Publishing site lists the following:
ADVERTISING & PROMOTIONS: Kandi Ann Stewart

<snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. Do we really need overhead shots of the dude's home address?

Isn't a crappy website and no publishing experience enough?

Last edited:

para

Registered
Reaction score
This epub is being discussed on one of my lists. That chick who runs epic is apparently on their staff. When I checked the website there was no information about any of the staff, now I see they've updated the information to include names.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
Para, you and I may be on the same list. I've been following a discussion of this publisher as well. The woman you mention has answered some questions about the company, but there are still some concerns.

She also said the site's being redesigned, I think, so they're adding information to it, including staff info.

It's definitely a new company, and I'd say following one of the big rules around here would be wise: Wait a year or two and see where they are then. A couple of things I've seen about Silver in list posts concern me a bit, but then again, I'm naturally suspicious when it comes to new publishers.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Silver has a hard line on piracy and has got right up the nose of some major Astatalk pirates. I count that in their favor.

para

Registered
Reaction score
If you mean EPIC, there is no 'chick who runs it, they have elected posts with terms and it is run by a changing board of officers.

Sorry I heard her name in connection with being the Big Cheese over there - usually when there was some big kerfuffle. I didn't realise that she was no longer in charge.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
There are other publishers protecting their authors from ebook pirating. Loose Id and my own Shadowfire Press among them.

Silver went a little further by imprinting the buyer's name and credit card number on the ebook, at least one major pirate did not notice until after she had 'shared' it. She was mondo annoyed. There was a significant ironyfail.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Sorry I heard her name in connection with being the Big Cheese over there - usually when there was some big kerfuffle. I didn't realise that she was no longer in charge.

I don't know who you mean, but descisions are made by a board and by membership vote at the annual meeting--no one is in charge other than in a figurehead role.