Self published my book (yay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

android415

Registered
Reaction score
And I got the nerve to send it to some reviewers, and I promised them that I did my very best to make it as professional as possible.

.....and then I happened to be looking around in the original word document, and I found two typos. They weren't serious ones, like "an" that should be an "a". But they were STILL THERE. And what if there were MORE.

And I promised that it would be professional. :( Because I did have it edited, and I poured over it with a fine tooth comb (or so I thought).

GAH. THEY'RE GOING TO HATE IT and give me 0 stars.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Android, congrats on taking this huge step.

Don't panic about the typos. You can probably fix them depending on how you uploaded your book. That is one of the nice things about ebooks and Print On Demand, you can fix errors at any time. :)

android415

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your support! I'll try to be less paranoid. :)

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
The same thing happened to me. It seems like no matter how many times you go over it a couple typos like you describe make it through. It happens in trade published books sometimes too. I'm sure the reviewers will not hold it against you.

Keep us posted on your progress. :)

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
First of all, congratulations! Second, take a deep breath and remember that you can fix typos and update the file whenever you see fit. I hope you receive many positive reviews for your new novel! :Hug2:

deb22

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I order e-books all the time and usually see numerous typo's in all of them. It really does not bother me much at all. I hope your book is getting great reviews.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, I recently caught a couple typos in great editor Thomas McCormack's great book on fiction editing, so, yeah, they happen.

JamesBaldwin

Fancy Dandy Man
Registered
Reaction score
The good thing about self-publishing is that you can revise any glaring errors and put out a new edition as soon as you or someone else knows.

Even professional editors miss errors occasionally. They generally have to publish corrections to be included with the volume, so Indies have it a little easier xD

Status
Not open for further replies.