Registered
Reaction score
Awwwww why arent you doing good?!

And i just started watching Torch wood... not that bad

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about 3 episodes behind and so far it's hella confusing. Apparently, according to my mum who's been watching every week, it's in danger of becoming flat. Of not wrapping itself up properly. I miss the old TorchWood where it wasn't taken over by Americans (no offence) and was only filmed in Britain. *sigh*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
no offence taken, us american usually just take over everything and turn it to crap... my prime example the american "being human" is nothing and horrible utter crap compared to the original british "being human"

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yes... You do you're taking Heartland (it's starting to show down there now), and now you're remaking Being Erica... Gah. CBC needs to keep their own shows.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i agree... we also took skins and turned it into crap

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
IF THEY TAKE REPUBLIC OF DOYLE(which is shot less then an hour away from where I live) IM GOING TO FREAK. OUT.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I havent ever heard of the show, so I think your safe.

Hi Ky! Hows it going?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahah if we take the Inbetweeners, i'm seriously going to start a riot because i KNOW america would distroy that show and i just love it!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about 3 episodes behind and so far it's hella confusing. Apparently, according to my mum who's been watching every week, it's in danger of becoming flat. Of not wrapping itself up properly. I miss the old TorchWood where it wasn't taken over by Americans (no offence) and was only filmed in Britain. *sigh*

No offense taken. I knew they were going to ruin it the moment I heard.

Yes... You do you're taking Heartland (it's starting to show down there now), and now you're remaking Being Erica... Gah. CBC needs to keep their own shows.

We're taking Heartland? I haven't watched the old show yet because I read some of the episode summaries and it sounded like I'm way too loyal to the books to be able to watch it.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
The other one you took was Shameless and Life on Mars. Not seen Shameless yet, but Life On Mars was total....crap. The actors were weird. lol. It's like... can your tv writers not come up with any ORIGINAL ideas? -.-

And OUCH! I was hoovering and banged one of my toenails. :( They're already growing backwards as it is! lol

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I heard Skins got canned because there was trouble with all the sex scenes. HAHA.
Seriously? People need to research UK Skins before watching it. I used to watch the first season, (after Nicolas Hoult left, it wasn't the same) and it wouldn't be Skins without sex, drugs and... rock and roll! lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Which is the reason that most american spin offs of british shows suck, America is very against sex, and cursing in shows.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh you need to live a little :p haha.
I'm surprised you guys created True Blood then, in that case! Very riske :p

And hey Lisa!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
It's like... can your tv writers not come up with any ORIGINAL ideas? -.-

Hahahahahaha you should see our movies. I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of the movies in production right now are either book adaptations, remakes, or sequels. I mean, they're remaking Dirty Dancin' and Footloose. It's ridiculous.

I honestly think they're scared to make original movies. Book adaptations, remakes, and sequels all come with built-in audiences. No one wants to create a movie that flops, so they're playing it safe instead of taking a risk.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
very true, HR!

Yeah see shows like True Blood, Weeds, Dexter, ect... they are all amazing because they break all the traditional TV rules because they are on Premium channels, that you have to pay to watch.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What about the rom-coms?

Though of lot of them lately don't seem very good.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Weeds was...weird. I never could watch it. Yeah, they make crappy remakes of tv shows, and then cancel good, original stuff. Like Gossip Girl. Sure, it's "based" on the books, but that's a good series. And they take SOOOO long between seasons, it's unreal! I'm seriously having withdrawal symptoms!
As my mum always says "they come up with crappy shows, and get rid of the good stuff!" Then again, we're sort of the same. Except we keep the crappy stuff, and keep making crappy stuff. Our soaps are the worst. It's like...I can't believe East-never-enders, Coronation Shit and Emmerdull are still going! haha like my adapted names? :p teehee

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
What about the rom-coms?

Though of lot of them lately don't seem very good.

Rom-coms are excluded from that because they have a built-in audience. Also, they're formulaic so the majority are already lacking originality.

I know! It's very rare for me to watch a rom-com that I don't like, but I hated How Do You Know and No Strings Attached (there was one awesome line in that whole movie).

Status
Not open for further replies.