My potatoes need company

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
hmmmm.....grilled cheese is also very good with a bit of garlic; powder sifted on the bread before you cook if you're lazy, or split cloves rubber against the bread if not.

btw, same idea, but fat French bread slices drizzled in olive oil and crisped on the grill are also really good....

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
When I was attending Penn State they used to make a tasty grilled cheese variant - a white cheese which I think was muenster, 1 lg or 2 small zucchini slices, 1 tomato slice, and thousand island dressing.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
Grilled cheese made with gruyere and honey. More finicky to make than the others I usually do, but so worth it. Use real honey, though, none of that super filtered 'clover' stuff. That's only worth it when you need packets during travel.

As for potatoes, try potato pancakes or candies. I hate potatoes (and food touching), but I quite love both of these. I don't know if the candies can use the skin, but I can't see why not?

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
My potato epilogue:

I ended up peeling and chopping them up (large) and cooking them in a skillet with chicken breasts, garlic, butter, and paprika. It was nice and easy, a little on the bland side, but I can fix that next time with more salt/pepper. The potatoes were amazing!

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
My potato epilogue:

I ended up peeling and chopping them up (large) and cooking them in a skillet with chicken breasts, garlic, butter, and paprika. It was nice and easy, a little on the bland side, but I can fix that next time with more salt/pepper. The potatoes were amazing!

Glad it worked out! You know, on the bus home I thought 'potato tortilla!'. Potatoes cut into tiny dice with a shallot; into a little skillet with some butter to go golden; crack an egg in; finish under the grill.