The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm looking forward to what is maybe the best weekend of the NFL season, the four divisional games between the best eight teams of 2012.

Ravens at Denver & Green Bay at San Francisco today.
Houston at New England & Seattle at Atlanta tomorrow.

It's cold in Denver today. I think I heard where it will be the coldest game of the year so far. ESPN doing a nose to nose matchup of Manning v. Lewis right now. Peyton expressing his respect for Ray's football smarts and intuition. This coming from one of the best football brains in the business.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, they were saying that. He'll wear gloves today. As much as I'll always pull for an AFC North team, and as fond as I've grown of Shadow Dragon, I'd be lying to say that I'm not captivated by the Peyton Manning comeback story. I notice something a little different in him now. He's still intense, but he seems to have gained a perspective that has him a little more emotionally disciplined.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Football's an emotional game. Peyton's always been one of the most intense QB's in the game.

Everyboody on NFL Network, Faulk, Sapp, Irving, all picking Peyton and the Broncos, makes me think immediately>>> Ravens

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Intense, yes. Emotional, no.

It's part of my problem with him. In my eyes, he becomes so focused that he's robotic.

Anway, I don't see Ravens winning but you never know in a play off game. And my heart would love the Ravens to win. If only for Ray Lewis.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Well, his kind of intensity can easily boil over into anger, a self defeating emotion. I've seen that in him in the past, when he was with the Colts, not so much this year with the Broncos and I think it's made him even more effective. Anyway, kickoff right now!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, like to see the Ravens come back and tie it up. Looked like they'll be able to run the ball in first possession

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Ballsy call- Flacco to Bailey 59 yds for 7!

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Neither defense has shown up. Well, Flacco is playing well for the Bronco's D right now.
He's making some bad passes and a couple of passes the receivers have had a bad case of the dropsies.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Woh, bad kick!

Good TD by the Ravens?

No thanks to Flacco. Smith made a great adjustment and cut under, bringing it in, as Champ overran the route.
Of course, Bronco's just took the kickoff 104 yards for a TD to start the second half.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
I want to know just how much the Bronco's paid this officiating crew. They're making some very favorable calls.