Salutations from the Land of the Wenatchi

Phrenic

Registered
Reaction score
Like all of you, I am not new to writing (been doing it since my kindergarten teacher made me write A,B, and C), but I am new to the craft. I discovered AW community only recently, but have since been humbled at the knowledge and well-reasoned discussions throughout these threads.

My love is fantasy foremost, followed by scifi, history and some literary. The writing bug hit me earlier this year to the point that I've put about 60k words down (about half useable), sketched maps, road-tripped to museums, and learned to cut the uncuttable.

I look forward to future exchanges of ideas.

Wayne, aka Phrenic.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Darron

Always trust a geologist
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I think it's great you went around different places to help you better understand the settings in what you write. I didn't realize how valuable it was to go out and get that experience until it happened to me on accident years ago and having a real, physical place to draw from makes the writing process so much easier than making it up from scratch.
Good luck in your writing endeavors!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the watercooler. Stop by the Pub for a drink and some cookies. There was cake. But I may have eaten all of it. :welcome:

Phrenic

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind replies. :snoopy:

I didn't realize how valuable it was to go out and get that experience...having a real, physical place to draw from makes the writing process so much easier than making it up from scratch.
Good luck in your writing endeavors!

Very true, I notice how much first hand knowledge slips into my stories. Happy scribing!

Welcome to the watercooler. Stop by the Pub for a drink and some cookies. :welcome:

I may take you up on that. First round on me.