Newbie Alert-Finally Admitted!

Norathebrave

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not much of a talker but thought I'd drop a 'Hello' just to be polite. I obviously write like the rest of you, perhaps not as well...but I'm learning.

I would be very interested in befriending others interested in Historical Fiction and by that I do not mean only Romance.

I'm editing my manuscript, a novel that I hope would come to fruition, as well as a couple of other projects on the side, one of which I am currently looking for a Beta-Reader.

Have an awesome day, and I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, Nora. We have a number of historical fiction writers that I know of, and I don't even visit that board, where there are no doubt many more.

Maryn, welcoming you

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the watercooler. Stop by the Pub for a drink and some cookies. There was cake. But I may have eaten all of it. :welcome:

Norathebrave

Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, Nora. We have a number of historical fiction writers that I know of, and I don't even visit that board, where there are no doubt many more.

Maryn, welcoming you

Thank you, Maryn. I look forward to meeting them all. :)

Lilfairy

Enjoying insanity
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nora :)

I hope you enjoy it here.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because of your thread title, I was planning to say "Oh lord! Have we let another one in?" But then I read your post and you sound really sweet like Ken and Jaus, so I won't tease you. I'll just say welcome. :Sun:

(That's really nice by my standards. You have Ken and Jaus to thank. ;) )

Jenkki

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Nora! I enjoy reading historical fiction although I don't write it myself, but from what I've seen this forum has an active and great sub-community involved in it. What historical fiction or settings do you like?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Norathebrave

Registered
Reaction score
Because of your thread title, I was planning to say "Oh lord! Have we let another one in?" But then I read your post and you sound really sweet like Ken and Jaus, so I won't tease you. I'll just say welcome. :Sun:

(That's really nice by my standards. You have Ken and Jaus to thank. ;) )

Hehehe, I'll take whatever you dish out Mccardey. :) Pleasure meeting you.

Welcome Nora! I enjoy reading historical fiction although I don't write it myself, but from what I've seen this forum has an active and great sub-community involved in it. What historical fiction or settings do you like?

Yes, I've skimped through the pages...lots of talents on here! Settings? I would say I find most era's fascinating- Rome, Medici Florence, Ottoman Empire to name a few. My novel at the moment is set in Pre-Islamic Arabia, very little to go by. Of course, other than being a history fan I do enjoy reading about fantastical settings as well. :) What about you Jenkki? Any settings you prefer?