Hello!

saelyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaitlynsagepatterson.com
Hello!
I'm excited to dip my toe in the water of this community. I'm new to the whole forum thing, and I hope that I'll manage to keep from putting my foot in my mouth too much.

I'm currently querying my MG Fantasy novel, Strange Kin, to a chorus of crickets and form rejections, but I keep on tweaking my query letter and hoping for the best. I'm really enthusiastic about the world I've created, which is based on the idea that folk-figures from the world's mythology all occupy a single world parallel to ours. It follows an 11-year-old girl as she navigates the tense political and social waters and learns to use her own newly discovered magic.

While Strange Kin is making the query rounds, I've been working on a YA solarpunk fantasy called The Diminished. I'm a little over 2/3 of the way finished with a first draft, and this one has been really fun to write.

I got an MFA in poetry, and have been writing novels ever since. Soon I'll be moving back to the US after two years teaching in Korea. I'm going to miss my students and my favorite corner of my favorite coffee shop, but I'm excited to get back to my dog and grocery stores with kale.

ssbittner

scientist, artist, writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ssbittner.com
Welcome! Once you have your first fifty posts, try running your query letter through Query Hell. It's really helpful for getting a query agents might be interested in. Good luck! I'm querying, too, so I know the beautiful sounds the crickets make.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the watercooler. Stop by the Pub for a drink and some cookies. There was cake. But I may have eaten all of it. :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!