Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

The Abster

Counting sheep.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go to Ireland because I have this incredible picture of Ireland in my mind. Although I must admit I haven't actually been there, ever. I read a book set in a picturesque countryside in Ireland. Loved it ever since. I'm a bit scared of actually going there though, lest the fantasy be ruined.

starlightangel88

Registered
Reaction score
I'd have to say that I'd do as much as I could. There's too much of the world to see to just pick one place. With only a week though, I'd probably tour as much of eastern Europe as I could. I love the history of the Greeks and Romans, as well as the Italian Renaissance, so I'd definitely have to start in Italy!

theichibun

Needs to write more and think less
Registered
Reaction score
If the dot below is green, I'm not writing and I s
Website
beanplates.com
I'd take my wife across Europe. We've been once before, but it was with a tour group and we had to be places at a certain time. That trip was great, but I'd like to be able to stay as long as I wanted in certain areas. Like Paris and Rome. See some other places that we had to skip out on.

Mostly eat at some restaurants that would normally be too expensive for us. That would be amazing.

Daniel.Trujillo.D

Registered
Reaction score
Do I only have this week available to me now? Given the hypothetical situation, I'd love to travel somewhere with the wife, but given that I haven't met her yet, I wouldn't like to cash in on this opportunity until then.

But in my current bachelor state, I suppose I'd like to visit either London or Paris. Just one or the other, there's just so much to do in each. If not knowing a language is just a 'practical hurdle' I can overlook somehow, I'd probably choose Paris.

Daniel.Trujillo.D

Registered
Reaction score
It sure would be difficult to hit on the local mademoiselles, though. I don't think many would consider it cute on my part to butcher the French language with my attempts, not for long anyway.

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
A free week... *sigh* I'd tackle that list of places to camp here at home. We've got some beautiful sights to see. I guess I'd spend most money on camping gear. Oh and I'd bribe Jeff Probst to come with;) *major shimmy session in head*

Lycoplax

Registered
Reaction score
Well, there's always my long-lived travel dream of backpacking from one end of Japan to the other...

But given that my husband's in the Navy, I'd settle for him having a week's vacation. We could go anywhere or nowhere, wouldn't matter.

Saronai

The Weed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musesings.wordpress.com
If you had a week free of constraints, with no obligations and no concerns about cost or other practical hurdles, where would you go and what would you do?

No constraints, no practical hurdles? That's all I needed to hear. I would travel into an awesome fantasy world where I was the sueyist of Mary Sues, gain access to real world time travel in the end so I could use that one week to do over an over until I finished everything on my bucket list without having to ever choose which. Is that cheating? *sheepish*

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you had a week free of constraints, with no obligations and no concerns about cost or other practical hurdles, where would you go and what would you do?
I'd go to some really nice restaurants, I think. :)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

*trumpets and fanfare*

I know this is long overdue, however...

What fuels you as a writer?

... by which I mean, what do you snack on, drink, etc, while on a writing binge?

I do coffee and peanuts. Or tea if it's too late in the day for coffee.

:popcorn: