A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Namatu, where did you come up with these chocolate covered pumpkin seeds?! That sounds like it could either be wonderful or horribly wrong.
Whole Foods. First time I've seen it there. I was looking for healthy snacks, and though this was ridiculously expensive (of course), I had to try it.

And over here in CR you can't get the chocolate covered pretzels yet either, those just came out in the UK.
Oh dear. Do you need me to send you a package? I'll send packages to anyone. You NEED things like chocolate-covered pretzels, and those Trader Joe's peanut butter cups, which you've probably never had but they are ridiculously awesome.

Now I want to make chocolate-covered corn flakes too. That has to be good.

jeseymour, Frostnip is funny. I don't know if I'll be of any help on this one. Chocolate chip cookie? :e2cookie:

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of how I make my rocky road, only substitute cherries and marshmallows for cornflakes, and I do a base out of smashed up double chocolate chip cookies bound together with melted butter. The M&S ones though were actually individual cornflakes coated in chocolate though. Seriously good.

Oh! My! Individual cornflakes covered in chocolate? I suppose when the fountain is up and running we could hold cornflakes under it and get them coated that way.

Is it too on-topic for this thread to ask for help with a title? My series has titles that are all sort of medical related (and all have double meanings related to each book.) First one I wrote was Stress Fractures, which features the main character falling apart under severe stress. Second one was Frostbite, set in the winter in New Hampshire, third one (and first published) was Lead Poisoning, which is related to an old mob joke. What did he die of? (Two guys looking at a bullet-riddled body.) Lead poisoning. Get it? Anyway, I'm well into the next one, and I know I've mentioned this before, but I hate the title. I'm calling it Arrhythmia (which is related to heart problems, which is related to the main character having relationship problems in this book.) But it's a terrible title. Nobody can spell it, much less understand it. So I need a new title, something simpler. Frostbite would work for this one too, because it's set in the winter in northern New Hampshire. (But I already used Frostbite.) I thought of Hypothermia, but that's almost as bad as Arrhythmia. Chillblains is too obscure. Frostnip is lame. Any thoughts?

How about Choc Ice? A tad hackneyed but Death by Chocolate. Chocolate Sunday. (Sundae... get it?)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! My! Individual cornflakes covered in chocolate? I suppose when the fountain is up and running we could hold cornflakes under it and get them coated that way.

I know, how do they do it? Same with chocolate coated banana chips. How do they do that?

Jeseymour, only thing I can think of is 'Core Temperatures' which is awful. My brain isn't working today. Or 'Freezer burn'.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Any thoughts?

Cold Grave. I was listening to The Bridge's song, Diggin' in a Cold Grave, and I stole thought of it.

:eek: I drove right by Whole Foods this morning, Namatu! Next week, I must get there. Unless... oh no. Will you check the ingredients and see if they're vegan, please? If not, I shall make my own!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
"May contain milk," though there's no dairy listed in the ingredients. But you know what? They were expensive enough I say make your own little chocolate pumpkin seed clusters. I'll do this in the future. This thread is so constructive! I can chocolatize anything now!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
"May contain milk?" :Wha: How does that make sense? Does it or does it not? This shouldn't be a surprise to them, should it?

Okay, I'll make my own as soon as I get my hands on a pumpkin. :sword

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Zomg I have pumpkin seeds. They're delicious. Now I want to coat them in chocolate. I'm going to make myself some cupcakes first, though.

I did just recently discover the joys of lava cakes, however.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
"May contain milk?" :Wha: How does that make sense? Does it or does it not? This shouldn't be a surprise to them, should it?
The factory is not dairy free? So maybe there's contamination.

Okay, I'll make my own as soon as I get my hands on a pumpkin. :sword
You can buy the seeds outside of the pumpkin, you know. Less mess. :D

Zomg I have pumpkin seeds. They're delicious. Now I want to coat them in chocolate. I'm going to make myself some cupcakes first, though.
Chocolate lava cupcakes with pumpkin seeds!

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
"May contain milk," though there's no dairy listed in the ingredients. But you know what? They were expensive enough I say make your own little chocolate pumpkin seed clusters. I'll do this in the future. This thread is so constructive! I can chocolatize anything now!

Here is my offering, with a smidgeon of an apology to Mr WS and sonnet 19 ...

Shall I compare chocolate to a Summer's day?
Tis more lovely and more chocolatey:
Rough tongues do taste the caffeine flavour of tea,
And coffee's taste hath all too short a use by date:
Sometime too hot the tang of herbal tea is’t,

And oft' is its’ good nature diffused;
And every drink from fair sometime declines,
By chance or chocolates superiority untrimm'd:
But chocolates eternal Summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that taste it ownest;
Nor shall Death brag chocolate wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time chocolate growest:

So long as humans can taste, or teeth can munch,

So long lives this, and this gives life to chocolate.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
The factory is not dairy free? So maybe there's contamination.

Chocolate lava cupcakes with pumpkin seeds!

Gosh stop tempting me. I've got two more in the fridge.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
In the fridge? Thems was made for eating should be in your tummy!
I agree. Look at me eating your lava goodness: :e2cookie:

I'm listening to someone on public radio discuss the casting out of demons and feeling very Scully right now.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

Mess is fun! ;)

Nice poetry-ing, Shakesbear! I'm sure good old what's-his-name wouldn't mind a bit, if it's for chocolate.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Thank'ee heyjude! Saddest thing about Will the Quill - he never had chocolate!

I don't like pumpkins. Nasty orange messy things.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
We have a thread here somewhere of MTS poetry, did you ever contribute to that? I'll have to dig it up...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank'ee heyjude! Saddest thing about Will the Quill - he never had chocolate!

I don't like pumpkins. Nasty orange messy things.

I don't like pumpkins either. I had a trauma with one in primary five and never got over it.

My only trauma with chocolate is not having any.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like pumpkins either. I had a trauma with one in primary five and never got over it.

My only trauma with chocolate is not having any.

We have much in common!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Get some chocolate. Nuke it for thirty seconds. Stir. Nuke again. Stir. Nuke again if it needs it. Stir some more.

Gather some cut-up fruit on wax paper. Pour chocolate over the fruit. Extra points for messiness. Put in the refrigerator for an hour (if you can wait). Peel off and eat. My kids absolutely love doing this. Mmm... chocolate.

I had chocolate covered strawberries today as a reward for getting my revisions in to my agent. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Get some chocolate. Nuke it for thirty seconds. Stir. Nuke again. Stir. Nuke again if it needs it. Stir some more.

Gather some cut-up fruit on wax paper. Pour chocolate over the fruit. Extra points for messiness. Put in the refrigerator for an hour (if you can wait). Peel off and eat. My kids absolutely love doing this. Mmm... chocolate.

I had chocolate covered strawberries today as a reward for getting my revisions in to my agent. :)

How do they get it on both sides of the fruit though? As in banana pieces. How do they do that? I must know.

I ended up making banana and poppyseed cake, to go with my other stuff I baked for my lunch tomorrow. I actually baked my own packed lunch for my first day of training. I feel ever so self sufficient.