Braggage III

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
A foreign-language reprint sale: "Four A.M." originally published in Peeping Tom in 1995, to the French magazine Ténèbres. I got the info for this market from Douglas Smith's Foreign Market List, which you can find here.

I owe this sale to a friend of mine, who isn't on AW as far as I know, but is a Facebook friend of at least one other person posting here.

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
A foreign-language reprint sale: "Four A.M." originally published in Peeping Tom in 1995, to the French magazine Ténèbres. I got the info for this market from Douglas Smith's Foreign Market List, which you can find here.

I owe this sale to a friend of mine, who isn't on AW as far as I know, but is a Facebook friend of at least one other person posting here.

Good for you!

Out of curiosity, how does that work? Do you translate it into French yourself or do they? In either case, that's awfully neat to have a story in two languages.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you!

Out of curiosity, how does that work? Do you translate it into French yourself or do they? In either case, that's awfully neat to have a story in two languages.

Thanks!

They translate it for you - which I guess is an advantage of writing in English rather than other languages.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the reprint, Eyeblink, and on the novel being submitted, PD. Fingers crossed!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, congratulations Eyeblink!

Project Deadlight - good luck with the novel submission and congratulations for getting it to the point where it's ready to send out. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
First pro sale! Woohoo!

My story Practical Warrior will be appearing in the next Tales of Tellest anthology.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
CL: You got it!

Thanks, everyone. I"m really excited about this milestone. And congrats, of course, to everyone else who hit milestones recently--novel submissions, reprints, foreign language sales, and more.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
First pro sale! Woohoo!

My story Practical Warrior will be appearing in the next Tales of Tellest anthology.

That's awesome news! Congratulations!

I just sold what I regard as one of my best stories to Stupefying Stories. I'm very pleased it's found a home.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Aislinn, and congrats on your own sale!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
woot, lots of great news here! Congrats eyeblink, WT, Aislinn, AC, and anyone else I missed! :D

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, CL! That's awesome!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations V1c and CL!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Well, since Athena's Daughter's 2 seems to have passed base funding in their Kickstarter by a large enough margin to look safe to be a go - I'll have a story in their anthology out in the next few months!

More good news - one of my favorite stretch goals of the Athena's Daughters Kickstarter was reached last night!!
"$7,500 - ACHIEVED - We believe strongly that any good project should contribute something to improving the human community. At this goal, we will contribute $500 to RAINN. RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization."

BTW - guys, you may get to participate too if one of the bigger stretch goals is realized. Like last time, they will create a companion anthology - Apollo's Daughters - stories about women protagonists written by men, and like this vol of Athena's Daughters, it would be 100% open submissions. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Eliza, and it sounds like both a fantastic anthology and a great cause! :)