The MTS Braggatorium

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
So, this time I'm gonna post here because it's one of those things I'm gonna brag about with friends, family, and the whole world.

Internationally acclaimed, NYT best selling author, Nero Wolfe and Rita award recipient, plus, her books made it into a popular TNT show... have you guessed yet??? Yes! It's her!!! My IDOL at my blog today, answering my questions !!!!! :e2faint:

PS: sorry, was so excited about my news, I didn't check out everybody else's news.... good job everyone, some impressive accomplishments in this thread!! :D I'll interview you guys next!!!

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
So, this time I'm gonna post here because it's one of those things I'm gonna brag about with friends, family, and the whole world.

Internationally acclaimed, NYT best selling author, Nero Wolfe and Rita award recipient, plus, her books made it into a popular TNT show... have you guessed yet??? Yes! It's her!!! My IDOL at my blog today, answering my questions !!!!! :e2faint:

PS: sorry, was so excited about my news, I didn't check out everybody else's news.... good job everyone, some impressive accomplishments in this thread!! :D I'll interview you guys next!!!

Great interview!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great review on Amazon!

I got another GREAT review on Amazon today. Same guy that did the Goodreads review, but he worded this one different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Storm Rising, October 20, 2011
By
Matt Young - See all my reviews

This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kindle Edition)
Kenneth Hoss's main character, Kelli Storm, is a great protagonist. I found myself loving her at times and despising her at others. Surprisingly, this made the book more enjoyable. A lot of thrillers/mysteries that I've read, I can't stand the main character (Lincoln & Child's Pendergast comes to mind). But with Kelli, she is so human and so driven that it is tough not to like her. This is a great debut novel and I really look forward to book #2.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I let HeyJude into this little secret earlier but am now ready to share with my MTS family:

The paperwork is still to be signed, but this week I was offered publishing contracts by three (smaller) presses, for my mystery/thriller novel THE BOOKSELLER. I accepted the best offer: a three-book deal from the new mystery imprint of Prometheus Books, called Seventh Street Books. They are new but obviously serious: they're paying a very real royalty and I am thrilled to pieces. I am especially flattered that someone would pay good money for a book I've not yet written. No pressure, eh?!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I let HeyJude into this little secret earlier but am now ready to share with my MTS family:

The paperwork is still to be signed, but this week I was offered publishing contracts by three (smaller) presses, for my mystery/thriller novel THE BOOKSELLER. I accepted the best offer: a three-book deal from the new mystery imprint of Prometheus Books, called Seventh Street Books. They are new but obviously serious: they're paying a very real royalty and I am thrilled to pieces. I am especially flattered that someone would pay good money for a book I've not yet written. No pressure, eh?!

:banana: You deserve all the best. I am thrilled to pieces for you. :) And I cannot WAIT to buy those books! :banana:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fantastic news. Congratulations. :partyguy:

I bet you'll thrive under pressure. ;)

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Stellar Review

Got another GREAT review on Amazon:

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cop book, October 21, 2011
By
Everett Powers (California, USA) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kindle Edition)
I'd like to say up front that I'm not a big fan of books with female protagonists. I've enjoyed a few over the years, and Kelli Storm is one I enjoyed reading about. She's depicted with what I feel is a realistic mix of feminine and cop-macho characteristics: she cries, swears, gets a lump in her throat, empties her clip at a bunch of bad guys...

Hoss's writing style is easy to read and the story follows Storm straight through, meaning it's easy to follow the action.

Give a serious look if you like cop books.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Got my 50th blog follower today! I'll be having a 50th follower contest if anyone is interested.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the great reviews, Ken! and congrats MysterRiter!

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I am sooo excited!! I just pre ordered an autographed copy of Michael Connelly's new book THE DROP! Yes I said autographed!
Connelly is like one of my two favorite authors- I can never get to one of his book signings in person, but I can order it where he is having one and he'll sign it and the store will send it to me- SQUEEE!!! Now all I have to do is find something like that with Robert Crais and I can die happy!