The MTS Braggatorium

MikeG

Writing Crap Every Day
Registered
Reaction score
Huntsville, Alabama and Panama City Beach, FL
Small trophy that only feeds the ego, but Five Star told me that my first book, "Josh Whoever" has been approved by two levels of editors and passed on to the great editor in the sky for final approval. Anybody have any experience with Five Star?

On the down side, the agent (Natanya Wheeler) who has been so supportive of "Josh" finally finished reading the full and passed. She also mentioned that she just moved from NY to San Francisco, in case any of you are interested in that piece of info.

I did warn her that moving won't protect her from getting a query on my second book in a couple of months.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the agent, Mike, but great news on Five Star.:hooray:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Small trophy that only feeds the ego, but Five Star told me that my first book, "Josh Whoever" has been approved by two levels of editors and passed on to the great editor in the sky for final approval. Anybody have any experience with Five Star?

On the down side, the agent (Natanya Wheeler) who has been so supportive of "Josh" finally finished reading the full and passed. She also mentioned that she just moved from NY to San Francisco, in case any of you are interested in that piece of info.

I did warn her that moving won't protect her from getting a query on my second book in a couple of months.

Woo hoo! :hooray: Congratulations, Mike! I don't know anything about Five Star, but my fingers are crossed for you.

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com

The top editor just passed on mine, after everybody else loved it. Good luck with yours.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Congratulations MikeD!

I have some news of my own! A NEW RELEASE :D

ELEVEN, a FBI thriller has been released and is available for Kindle and in print.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Bought it, Sassy. I'd been looking forward to that for a while, just going from the blurb you had in your sig, it sounded really cool! Really looking forward to reading tonight. (Isn't Kindle wonderful for that? Instant gratification).

jazzman99

Recovering Academic
Registered
Reaction score
I announced this sale a while ago, but I just wanted to let folks know that the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Alfred Hitchcock, with my story "The Penthouse View," should be on your local bookstroe shelves now. I'm pretty happy about this one! Drop me a message if you read it...

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Congratulations, Sassy! Everyone buy it, it's a great book! :)

Bought it, Sassy. I'd been looking forward to that for a while, just going from the blurb you had in your sig, it sounded really cool! Really looking forward to reading tonight. (Isn't Kindle wonderful for that? Instant gratification).

Thank you ladies! I hope you enjoy it Zelenka :)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Congratulations, Sassy!

the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Alfred Hitchcock, with my story "The Penthouse View," should be on your local bookstroe shelves now.

Jazzman, I'm so happy for you. I work at a bookshop that carries Alfred Hitchcock. I'll look for it.

And mysterywriter, I'll watch for your poem and your future pubs.

Last edited:

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Nice, jesey! What a success story. Thanks Jude and wonderactivist. :D I'm pleased.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Okay, I've been A.W.O.L. for a while. It looks like everyone is doing great.

Jazzman, congrats! Mystery, that is AWesome!

Sassy, what can I say? You are a writing machine. Just don't forget us when you're rich and famous.

Jesey, great post, and so true.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
My piece, "The Final Victim", appears in a crime fiction anthology published today! Info (the book cover + link) in sig. A small victory but a victory nonetheless!