XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
just adding: Dave barry also has a co written series (YA Fantasy i think?) it's called the starcatcher series, i imagine it has at least some humor in it.

Very little, actually. However it is an excellent YA series that starts with "an" origin of Peter Pan an expounds on the background/future of the characters.

I highly recommend the audio book by J1m Dale. In fact, I recommend ANYTHING read my him.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
so after working 9 weeks straight with only Sunday's off, my writing suffered at the end of 2011. Now I have bright new shiny resolutions that are all writing related and I hope will get me back on track.

I used to spend all my time on the freelance board, but decided I like fiction better than facts and so I plan to start hanging around here a little more. Maybe I'll find some inspiration in the insane posts i've been reading :)

I am DEEPLY OFFENDED! We are NOT insane!

We're frigging bugshit nuts, thank you very much!

Feel free to help yourself to the chocolate fountain, but watch out for the smibbles (and Jericho, who's skulking about somewhere).

*puts on Alice in Wonderland costume, and goes prissing off to find Willy Wonka's factory at the back of the Cantina*

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Maybe I'll find some inspiration in the insane posts i've been reading :)

Just so long as you're looking for inspiration and not sanity. We're fresh out of sanity, these days.

Good Morning Friends!

I've been freakishly productive the past few days. I wanted to start the new year with a nice clean apartment and it has been happening. My bedroom is a perpetual mess, but I beginning to think that's part of having your own place. It's easy to throw all the crap your don't want people seeing into your bedroom and shut the door.

I am jealous of this. My house is GROSS. :eek:

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided it's not fair. Why is it that England has the best humorous novelists? First it's Terry Pratchett, then Jonathan Howard and Toby Frost.

Christopher Moore is from Ohio. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I highly recommend the audio book by J1m Dale. In fact, I recommend ANYTHING read my him.

Seconded.
I have Jim Dale reading the Potter books. I love his 'Kreatcher', has me howling with laughter every time, especially the bit with Mundungas and the frying pan in the last book, he's really good.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seconded.
I have Jim Dale reading the Potter books. I love his 'Kreatcher', has me howling with laughter every time, especially the bit with Mundungas and the frying pan in the last book, he's really good.

Exactly!

The fact that he won not one, but TWO Gramm1es for Harrie P0tter (and I believe holds a G-Book World Record for the 140+ different voices in one "book"), makes me respect him all the more.

Plus, he was The Narrator on Push1ng Da1sies.

*nostalgic sad face*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had Jim Dale's version of A Christmas Carol as part of my holiday tradition... until this year, when, because of a new computer and the original account being linked to a very old, now defunct email, I lost the authorization for it.

:e2bummed:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*dances around in Alice costume*

I haven't found the chocolate factory, but that's okay because

I'm having an Ultraviolent Day!!!

*goes back to dancing*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Oh come on. It's not that bad, is it--

*looks again. hears Mormon Tabernacle Choir. reconsiders*

Hm. Mebbe you're right...

In all seriousness, Ace, if you let Jericho write a book about some of his adventures, I'd totally buy that. For realz.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

I wonder which of my costumes you've got.

Wish I could dance right now, I bet you do that better than me.

Probably not. In real life, I'm a cripple. I only dance in the Cantina.

BUT! In all fairness, when I'm in the Cantina, I'm the coolest dancer evah!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh come on. It's not that bad, is it--

*looks again. hears Mormon Tabernacle Choir. reconsiders*

Hm. Mebbe you're right...

Oh my, I can't even imagine what kind of inspiration he's getting from that. I mean, it's good music and all, but when you mix it with his previous choices...:shrug:

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
religiously. why do you think I'm pushing for more?
If it helps, he's queued up a post a week (roughly) through the first week of April. And from the sound coming out of the Command Post, he's likely got more. I overheard something the other day about hunting haunted body parts in North Dakota.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Oh my, I can't even imagine what kind of inspiration he's getting from that. I mean, it's good music and all, but when you mix it with his previous choices...:shrug:
As far as I can tell, it's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "Anchors Aweigh," "The Air Force Hymn," "The Field Artillery Song," "The Marine's Hymn," and "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again."

Also not sure what he's getting from that.

Oh. And he's just started playing "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.