Welcome, Lurkers!

Kateness

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kateness.wordpress.com
hi I`m Kate and my phone just ate my post. I`m not much of an erotica writer BUT I`ve always been a little curious and it never hurt anyone to try to learn something new. So I think I`ll probably stay well hidden in the back of the room and try not to do anything monstrously stupid and try to learn stuff from people who know way much more about this stuff from me. (also I`m writing this at 3:08am on my phone so if there are screwups that`s why.) that said, *lurks*

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
So ... if I need help with my romance scene that I've written in my non-erotica WIP (it's actually a future dystopia), and if I post that scene in the "Writing Erotica" SYW forum, then it'll be okay there? I ask 'cuz I'm a woman, and the novel is narrated in First Person from the POV of my MC who is a man. So even without the sex scene that I'm unsure about, I'm already writing on shakey onion skin.

Any help available with that?

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
We will do our best, and we have a few guys who can give an opinion too. I'll be sure to nudge them over there. ;)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Actually that would be an excellent discussion for "Behind the Beads" where we kind of hide out and ask the odd stuff. Don't tell anybody. It's a secret. :D

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, questions like that might be best asked where the 13-year-olds won't be able to see them.

Maryn, who had a 13-year-old or two

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
So ... if I need help with my romance scene that I've written in my non-erotica WIP (it's actually a future dystopia), and if I post that scene in the "Writing Erotica" SYW forum, then it'll be okay there? I ask 'cuz I'm a woman, and the novel is narrated in First Person from the POV of my MC who is a man. So even without the sex scene that I'm unsure about, I'm already writing on shakey onion skin.

Any help available with that?

Fire away with questions!

Future Dystopia=always cool!

Boudicca

Making a suit out of fish skin?
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. I'm new to AW and only somewhat less new to writing erotica (that anyone else will ever see, anyway), so I will probably be doing a lot more lurking than posting. But, I am here and wanted to ...introduce myself, I guess?

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and please feel free to de-lurk anytiime!

mist.jpg
K.B Cutter~Author
www.kbcutter.com

Contact Me Kb Cutter

--- @ WiseStamp Signature. Get it now

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
boudicca, is it BOO-dikka or BOUGH-dikka? Or something else altogether? Whatever it is, nice to see you.

I was just scanning this thread, and saddened by the people who seemed to be glad to have been welcomed, then never posted again. Hope they're still reading.

Maryn, who hasn't written erotica in a good two weeks

cindystubbs

Registered
Reaction score
Lurking

I lurk because I don't feel I've that much to offer but much to learn, and I am not all that familiar with talking to people electronically.
Writing erotica is hard for me because I am unable to maintain detachment.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Are we that intimidating? Sheez, people...we don't bite. Just write about it once in a while. :D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I remember coming here a year ago and jumping right into the middle of everything.:tongue

You've probably got the right idea. It's a little intimidating and it doesn't hurt to get a clue, first. LOL

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of Syn. When I'm new to a message board, I lurk without so much as an introduction until I've got the hang of things, then creep in all meek and say something which could not possibly offend (or interest, in all likelihood) anybody.

Maryn, who's pretty shy

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We care less about the mask than about your leash, TinMan. Assuming your spiked collar is still a good fit and all. Walkies!

Maryn, patting your head fondly, before telling you to heel

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
TinMan is so helpful.

*digs around in the junk closet*

I know we've got a choke chain in here somewhere.

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score