Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Begone, bronchitis! Or at least infect someone who deserves to feel lousy, which surely isn't any of us.

Mr. Maryn is doing his usual Popsicle overindulgence, shivering under a blanket, then going to get another. But there can't be that many left, can there?

Maryn, who stops before she gets that cold

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
*tackles everyone, but particularly vfury* (The weirdness that we met a weekend ago and now we're back to internets ;))

New thread is so shiny!!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Ugh. I belong here...in proposal purgatory. Whoever said it's easier the second time 'round? I need a good dose of patience. *settles down to try to wait in good grace*

Aardvark

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, scary. Familiar and yet somehow the same - we fear change <rocks gently>.

The hardest part for me about this waiting lark is resisting the urge to email the agent that has my full manuscript and passive aggressively nudge her - 'just checking you got it / can open it / wasn't shredded by a rabid pack of digital wolverines in a freak accident'.

Resist, resist, resist - it has only been six weeks, although She did request the full within two weeks of the initial three chapters...

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Erin! Welcome!

*hugs* may. But at least it's diagnosed and you have drugs to kick it out, yes?

It's 20 degrees here. Winter can end now, k?

Tomorrow I'm going to a book signing for a writing acquaintance. She's permanently in a wheelchair and just had surgery to remove a "mass" that was "like cement" (according to her doctors), that was the result of one of those mesh patches. :eek: It attached to her bladder and intestines and they couldn't get it all, so she's still in pain. And she and her husband have been foster parents for years. She really is amazing.

She writes... self-pub sappy inspirational poetry. Hey, whatever gets her through the day. So I'll go and buy one and donate it somewhere.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Slept well again. Probably because I knew Creeper was working from home today (yes, he apparently has NOT had his privileges revoked) and that means I don't actually have to see him until Monday. So yay!

We're supposed to get snow here for the next four days. I officially object, and I'd like to put a hit out on Puxetawny (sp?) Phil, if anyone knows a guy.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Also: There are two women in the break room who have been standing there for fifteen minutes, trying to figure out if the coffee is fresh. Dude, in this amount of time, you could have just made a new pot.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, new people! There's a tray of mimosas on the sideboard, and someone's supposed to pick up warm croissants and fresh butter, although I've lost track of whose turn it is.
Tomorrow I'm going to a book signing for a writing acquaintance. She's permanently in a wheelchair and just had surgery to remove a "mass" that was "like cement" (according to her doctors), that was the result of one of those mesh patches. :eek: It attached to her bladder and intestines and they couldn't get it all, so she's still in pain. And she and her husband have been foster parents for years. She really is amazing.

She writes... self-pub sappy inspirational poetry. Hey, whatever gets her through the day. So I'll go and buy one and donate it somewhere.
What some people go through while remaining sunshiny is pretty amazing and inspirational. (Especially those who do not bring up the supreme being they believe allows them such grace.) I suspect if I ever have any medical conditions causing chronic pain, I will be even more unbearable than at present.

It's good of you to support her, Lily.

My thrilling day began with getting my act together far earlier than usual. For the next several weeks or months, contractors could appear any time, and I'd just as soon it was never in my bathrobe.

I'm going out to order the flooring for the mudroom and powder room when I finish this cup of coffee. I've got maybe an inch left.

Maryn, sharing one of a string of thrilling days

Stephanie Witter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm like you, waiting for some news and it's driving me nuts after only two weeks. I guess it won't be pretty once I reach the one month mark.
But I'm lucky, one of the two agents told me she should be able to answer in two months. I'm told she's very fast and since she answered to my query four days after she received it, I guess it's the truth.

I'm sure it'll be fun to wait around here with all of you. Fingers crossed for your MS. :)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Stephanie and Erin! :hi::welcome:

Lily, you are good of a friend to support her, even if the work isn't your thing. :)

Tas, *eye roll* on the ladies in the break room with the coffee. This is why I bring my own. :tongue

And guys I feel you on the nudging. I have an agent who said 4-6 weeks is her reading period and it's week 6. She has a full and it is killing me... I just want her response already!

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: No Nudging! Here's some sticky toffee to keep you busy in the meantime.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, great, now my crown is loose thanks to the sticky toffee.

What do you mean, that wasn't for me?

Maryn, batting her eyelashes in faked innocence

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
And guys I feel you on the nudging. I have an agent who said 4-6 weeks is her reading period and it's week 6. She has a full and it is killing me... I just want her response already!

14 months later, I still haven't heard back from Cryptic Agent, so 6 weeks is nothing. :tongue

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Stephanie and Erin!

Taking a different slant on my series FB page and hoping it's not too "precious".

That's all I got (other than a sore throat that started last night.)

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Cryptic Agent is well named, lol.

Lily, that's sweet of you. :)

Dragonstar, I just checked out your page and not sure if you've done anything new to it yet, but I don't see anything twee!

Coffee... hmm yes good must go find.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Cryptic Agent was thus named for sending me a cryptic email stating that she'd read my manuscript and would have a long response for me ... then never replying again. What response? Why long? Who knows? :tongue

SelmaW

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps Cryptic Agent has a Cryptic Spam Filter? Or a Cryptic Watch? MYSTERIES ABOUND, WATSON!

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Cryptic Agent ran off with a timelord who promised to have her back in an hour, but accidentally made it a year.

SelmaW

Registered
Reaction score
In all seriousness tho, I've been on the receiving end of that. No fun <3

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
1,243 words at lunch. Zoom!

Status
Not open for further replies.