Are You on Google+?

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Hi everyone!

I had google+ for a while, but it was a bit glicthy when trying to get it to work with my other social media. I've gone ahead and started from scratch because it was easier.

If you'd like to add me, here's the new profile: K.L. Townsend.

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
AWers on Google +?

Hi everyone,
I've done a quick search of the forums but I couldn't find a thread for this (if there is please feel free to redirect or delete this thread!)

As a lot of us use blogger as our blog hosts or use Google+ for self promotion, I was wondering if there was a thread for us to share our accounts in order to follow each other as writers over there.

My account is here
If people were interested in the idea of Google+ it would be a nice way to see what others are working on or blogging about etc.

Hope to see some of you over there!

fdesrochers

Registered
Reaction score
To be honest, I upgraded my Blogger account o Google+ and have no idea about it's functionality. This is largely due to my inability to spend the time to go through the functions and play around with them.

To answer your question, I'm in there, no clue what dark recess of the interweb I'm hiding in right now.... :flag:

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
I must admit it does seem quite confusing but every time I update my blog it asks if I want to post to Google+.. I suppose if you can devote lots of time to updating your page it can be pretty good!

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I think the fact that you can't find a thread about it, and fdesrochers has no idea what it does, tells you all you need to know about G+. It's sad but the place has tumbleweed blowing through it.

I saw a tweet from someone today saying "The best thing about not working for Google any more is not having to pretend that G+ is a thing."

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
It's sad but the place has tumbleweed blowing through it.

I think you're right! It's a shame but I don't think it could really rival something so well established as facebook or other networking sites. If it was well used it would really have potential.

fdesrochers

Registered
Reaction score
Now that you tweaked me, I've started looking more and more into the functionality. By no means a neophyte with computers, I'm starting to dig around and discover some of the tools therein. As a blog-based tool, it may help boost functionality and appeal. <shrug>

Still researching.

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to join (thinking it must be some kind of updated email thing) and keep getting suspended because my real name violates their policy. Now I just keep getting these annoying messages at the top of pages reminding me of the fact.

perpetualpublicity

Registered
Reaction score
I just started using Google+ for it's SEO benefits. If you use your name in each title or at least in the post it will greatly increase your visibility when people search for you on Google.

Here are some easy formatting tips for G+.

*This is a Bolded Headline*

_ Italic_
*Bold*
-Strikethrough-

Mix and match styles: _*Bolded Italic*_

Numbered List:
*1.* Point One
*2.* Point Two
*3.* Point Three

Bulleted List:
• Point 1
• Point 2