Trademark/Copyright issues when naming a blog

CetiAlphaVI

Registered
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find the answer so please forgive me if it has been asked before.

I am looking at starting a blog, and in planning for the name, I want to use a fictional place out of a book. So as not to reveal my blog name yet, say I wanted to name my blog:

Living on Alderon, and subsequently purchased www.LivingOnAlderon.com

With the name Alderon obviously coming from the Star Wars universe, would I be infringing on any trademarks or copyrights by naming my blog this?

The name I am thinking of would be a nearly identical situation, just not as large of a franchise.

Thanks for all of the help.

LadyEnnui

Registered
Reaction score
That's an interesting question. I would err on the side of caution and tell you not to do it though.

My blog was originally called All Things Princess Ennui. Princess Ennui itself is a reference to a character from a video game I like called The World End With You. The character ran a popular blog and his screen name was Prince Ennui.

Not only that, I did a search for Princess Ennui on google and it lead me to a fiction press story with the same title.

Don't do it, that's my advice. :)

CetiAlphaVI

Registered
Reaction score
Thank You, I decided against it. I was going to run a blog named "Life On Terminus", a tribute to Asimov's Foundation series, though the content was just going to be Sci-Fi. I've heard TWEWY is a pretty good game.

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I was thinking of this too, for a similar situation with my own blog. Thanks for the blog!

LadyEnnui

Registered
Reaction score
I am glad to have helped.

The World Ends With You is the best urban fantasy game I've ever played. I kid you not, I love it. :D So many things to do in that game and you could tell the devs had fun with it.