Status
Not open for further replies.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Glad to hear you're OK, Kansas! Wow, I didn't realize that you'd had a medical issue, or I would never have invited you to my IRC self-pity party :(

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Is the chat back to normal yet?

This is totally going to ruin any street cred I have, but I LOVE BILL AND TED.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whenever I've been on in the last few days, it's been dead. It started just before that tweet you did that prompted a chat about horrible people on there.

Also, PARTY ON, DUDES.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Things are better, Bishop! Thanks for your concern.

I'm'a gonna' live to write another book!

(Really, gals? Bill and Ted? Just can't go there with ya').

Okay, let's get back to chattin' about writin'.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. :(

Where will I be able to IM chat with you from now on, jb??

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think you just click on the name.

I'm a bit wary of the chat now, after what I found out.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Yes, but my name won't be in any of the room lists any more for you to click on ;)

What IRC client do you use? I know with Pidgin, there is a "Buddies" menu in the main window with a "New Instant Message" option. I can click that and type in anyone's nickname, and it initiates a PM with them if they're logged into the server at all (even if they aren't in a room).

And I wish I had recent writing activity to chat about, Kansas.

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
*peeks in*

Hi guys. Know it's been a while. School has been eating my life, and I spent the summer working on an R&R for an agent. She ended up passing, but I'm querying another project now. My query is up on QLH at the moment.

How are you guys?

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Kansas, so glad everything is alright! Waiting for doctors is the worst to begin with, but especially when they don't seem very helpful. Oh, and sorry but I have to agree with JB and lisa, Bill and Ted is excellent!

No spoilers, but I'm excited to see Blake on Glee too. I think I mentioned (or it could have been in another thread) that my friend Shanna was on the Glee Project. I think she kind of screwed herself by not landing the bottom more to give Ryan a chance to get to know her. Aylin just irritated me, but if it couldn't be Shanna, I'm glad Blake won, and I'm exited to see him play a "bad guy."

JB, I saw some of your tweets this weekend. Hope everything is okay! :Hug2:

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
So...today's adventure. Well, not so much an adventure, but a story.

My husband was supposed to head to Barcelona for training this morning. He left before I woke up (and didn't wake me up to say bye!).

I was heading out the door to work when he called me. "Don't lock the door, my flight wasn't booked, I'm going to leave at 2 am now."

I say ok, but also give him shit for not saying bye (in the nicest way possible).

Come 5:00. I get home from work. He's not here. Suitcase is not here. No note. No text. But ahhh, Facebook status says "off to Barcelona."

My husband is a doofus ;) At least I know where he is. What did we do before Facebook?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
sorry, but if my husband didn't call me or text me to tell me what the heck is going on, he'd have a serious ass-kicking when he got back. I feel I deserve a direct heads up on his whereabouts rather than finding out as a post to the general population. Just saying. ;)

Last edited:

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
Hi Lisa!

And Kewii, that's hilarious. Thank goodness for Facebook.

I have a day off today, and I am sooo excited. Since I work 25-30 hours a week at the bookstore in addition to being a full time grad student, it is *really rare* that I end up with a day off school that coincides with a day off work.

Now the question is, just which writing project to tackle?

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
JB, I saw some of your tweets this weekend. Hope everything is okay! :Hug2:

Things are most certainly not OK, but nothing I can do about them, so...yeah :/

sorry, but if my husband didn't call me or text me to tell me what the heck is going on, he'd have a serious ass-kicking when he got back. I feel I deserve a direct heads up on his whereabouts rather than finding out as a post to the general population. Just saying. ;)

Uh yes, THIS. My feelings would be so hurt. You're handling it much better than I would!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
So...today's adventure. ....

Come 5:00. I get home from work. He's not here. Suitcase is not here. No note. No text. But ahhh, Facebook status says "off to Barcelona."

My husband is a doofus ;) At least I know where he is. What did we do before Facebook?

Wow :)

Uh yes, THIS. My feelings would be so hurt. You're handling it much better than I would!

Yes, totally agree! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.