The MTS Braggatorium

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
So, over the last ten years I've had 15 short stories published that feature the main character from my novels, Kevin Markinson, Marine vet, mob troubleshooter, convicted felon and family man. I've always had links to those stories on my website, but over time many of the links have died because the places that published the stories died, and some of the stories were in print only. Folks have sometimes had difficulty tracking down my stories. So about a year ago I pulled together a collection of these stories and started shopping it to publishers. No luck. This week I decided to just put it up myself. These are all previously published and professionally edited stories. There are only 13 in the collection because 2 of the stories are actually part of my 1st novel, Lead Poisoning, which is about to be re-released. Anyway, here's my little short story collection:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/440974

Blackbird and Other Stories. 53,000 words. Check it out. :)

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Great, J.E.! I'll check 'em out. Reminds me of the articles I wrote about blues musicians over the year in print only mags. Those magazine went defunct, so those examples no longer exist. Wrote a ton of blues music reviews for an online website that went south, also. I can brag about them, but have no proof any longer. Except what sits in my filing cabinet.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
So Polly in my siggy there is doing pretty good in the Kindle world. And in other news I think things are finally progressing in the plagiarism issue with said book. Just sent a bunch of stuff to my attorney. Wish me luck with that one.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
We need like buttons on here! congrats Zelenka and History!!! Fantastic news for both of you!
ETA- I just saw Jesey's post! Way to go!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
My story “With Cunning Wickedness” is live today in the new private eye anthology the The Shamus Sampler II.

Storyline: Tracking down stolen artwork entangles a private investigator in a web of millionaires, mobsters, and murder.

The anthology features private eye stories by fine mystery writers (and me too) with an intro essay about the PI subgenre by sleuth novelist Timothy Hallinan.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

Last edited:

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Working on the galley proofs for Stress Fractures! I can't believe this book is finally going to be in print. I wrote the first draft in 1998. Had an agent, thought I was going to be the next big thing. It didn't work out that way. But finally, I've got a publisher who believes in my writing and it's coming out.

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Jesey. Exciting times.:hooray:

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Got another 5 star review yesterday for The Railroad Man. Sales have been okay but could always be better. Hope to have the soft back version available shortly on Create Space.

www.therailroadman.com

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Woo hoo, excellent news from many fronts! Peter, congratulations on the anthology - I love reading shorts. Jesey, that's a wonderful payoff to a long journey! grizzletoad, congrats on the review - well deserved. And I'm sure the paperback availability will goose your sales.

Yay, everyone! :e2cheer:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Woo hoo, excellent news from many fronts! Peter, congratulations on the anthology - I love reading shorts. Jesey, that's a wonderful payoff to a long journey! grizzletoad, congrats on the review - well deserved. And I'm sure the paperback availability will goose your sales.

Yay, everyone! :e2cheer:

:partyguy:

H O O R A Y !

:PartySmil

grizzletoad1

Registered
Reaction score
Guys,

The Railroad Man is now (finally) available in soft cover through Create Space. Just go to my website:

www.therailroadman.com

Click the appropriate link and buy! If you do buy, please leave a review on Kindle or Create Space. Word of mouth is the best advertising! Thanks to everyone here who helped me reach this milestone!

grizzletoad1

Registered
Reaction score
2 days after I made The Railroad Man available in soft cover, I sold my first REAL book! Not a digital copy, a real live printed paper book! Now I know digital is the way to go these days, but I'm an old fashioned guy, and old fashioned paper books are still the way I prefer to read. Having sold one of these makes me feel like I have finally arrived! What a long journey it has been!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2 days after I made The Railroad Man available in soft cover, I sold my first REAL book! Not a digital copy, a real live printed paper book! Now I know digital is the way to go these days, but I'm an old fashioned guy, and old fashioned paper books are still the way I prefer to read. Having sold one of these makes me feel like I have finally arrived! What a long journey it has been!

Congratulations! I know what you mean - there's nothing like holding something in your hands. :)

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I haven't been around much lately but I just have to post this. I've just finished my first ever first draft! :partyguy:

I'm fantastic at not finishing things I've started so I'm feeling pretty chuffed right now. Honestly didn't think I'd get this far. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have without this website so... thanks everyone! :Thumbs:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing your first draft, franky.:hooray: