Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 02:49 AM   #1401
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
Congrats all around.

My first article for Salon just went up. They're calling it, "Why We're Addicted to Mysteries and How the Search for the Unknown Brings Out the Best in People."

For now, go to salon.com It's the LEAD! Later, go to:
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/10/why_...est_in_people/
(jumping up and down)
Old 08-11-2014, 03:50 AM   #1402
jeseymour
practical experience, FTW

jeseymour is a glorious beacon of lightjeseymour is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderactivist View Post
Congrats all around.

My first article for Salon just went up. They're calling it, "Why We're Addicted to Mysteries and How the Search for the Unknown Brings Out the Best in People."

(jumping up and down)
Wow! Congrats to you.
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:51 AM   #1403
jeseymour
practical experience, FTW

jeseymour is a glorious beacon of lightjeseymour is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.amazon.com/Stress-Fractur...s=J.E.+Seymour

Stress Fractures is out.
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #1404
vagough
Revising, revising, revising...

vagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvagough is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, congrats, Lucie and jesey!

I have a blog...

…and a Facebook page
[/url]
vagough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #1405
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagough View Post
Wow, congrats, Lucie and jesey!
+ 1!!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #1406
MarkEsq
Clever title pending.

Location: In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasis of Austin.
MarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderactivist View Post
Congrats all around.

(jumping up and down)
Awesome, congrats! I'm going there now and will share on FB. Woohoo!

MarkEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #1407
pdichellis
Murder! You want fries with that?

pdichellis is on a distinguished road
Congrats Drainland, Ken, grizzle, jeseymour, and Lucie, (salon.com, major wow!), and anyone I missed. Lots of good news here.

“Gravedigger Blues” at YELLOW MAMA. “They Die in Eight Minutes” at Shotgun Honey.

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page.
pdichellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 AM   #1408
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
Hello all

Just want to squee about the fact that my two forthcoming mysteries from MuseItUp now have release dates!

The first book DEATH SCENE will be released on 22 September. The second, DEAD COOL, will follow on 25 November.

They are both e-book only, but it is possible to put in a pre-order - at a special sale price - if you go through the publisher's book store.

I believe that if you put in your pre-order, upon release the e-book will be emailed to you in all available electronic formats.

Am feeling quite excited about this...

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #1409
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
Wow, so many great things happening for so many. That's what I love about this site.

Congratulations, Lucie, that is awesome.

The book looks great, Jessie.

That is fantastic news, Shara, I know that you're happy. (Yes, it's okay to squee about something like this. )

Keep it up!

Available on Amazon - Kindle and Paperback

Ken Hoss - Author

WIP - The Riverwalk Murders (6998/85000)
Ken Hoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #1410
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
My interview on Storyteller's Grove is up, check it out!

http://kvictoriasmith.blogspot.com/2...h-kenneth.html

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 08-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #1411
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Shara! That's awesome news! I hope you make tons of sales.

Well done, Ken. That was a great interview. I hope you get lots more like it. So, you're a Pisces? Hmm......

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #1412
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
Well done, Ken. That was a great interview. I hope you get lots more like it. So, you're a Pisces? Hmm......
Thanks, Gail. Actually I have at least two more coming up. One will be posted tomorrow on Chumming with Sharky. Not sure when the other will be up yet, but it will be on Lilac Reviews.

http://sharkbaitwrites.com/reviews/c...g-with-sharky/

http://www.lilacreviews.com/

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 08-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #1413
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Shara, two new books is just awesome!

And Ken, that's great about the interview.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #1414
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Catch me on "Chumming with Sharky" today!

http://sharkbaitwrites.com/reviews/chumming-with-sharky/81614-chumming-with-kenneth-hoss/

Additionally, Eye of the Storm is LIVE on Amazon -

Eye of the Storm - Kindle version

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #1415
Ken Hoss
Available Now

This is a little late, but just got notified last night that this had been posted. Another interview on the release of Eye of the Storm, this one on Lilac Reviews. Check it out.

http://www.lilacreviews.com/author-i...-kenneth-hoss/

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #1416
lizmonster
possibly lost; not sure yet

lizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for Presidentlizmonster should run for President
Nice interview, Ken! You've got a damn good publicist.

In revisions: The Cold Between - military SF, 131,715
WIP: Blinding Faith (tentative) - SF/space opera, 44,001/120,000
lizmonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #1417
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizmonster View Post
Nice interview, Ken! You've got a damn good publicist.
Thanks, Liz, it was fun to do. Trying to pin down more interviews.

I wouldn't say that I'm damn good, but I do okay.

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 08-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #1418
Ken Hoss
Available Now

New review for Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read like being there!!, August 29, 2014
By
CaptJake - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kelli Storm Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
“Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kelli Storm Series Book 1)” by Kenneth Hoss, while not a typical genre that I read; it however is a wonderful read from beginning to end.

I have read few books that I want to read from beginning to the end in one sitting (“Red Storm Rising” by Tom Clancy being one) but this book is another. Tightly written, great character development, that by the end of chapter one you are in the story with the characters. Very similar to the police shows on NBC, "doink doink" and the addition of date and time prompts put me in the story with the characters. Kelli Strom isn’t just your typical hard as nails, female detective, but a woman who isn’t afraid to show her feminine side. However she’s not someone you would want to be on the wrong side off. Not to give away anything, but the ending has me ready to pick up the next “Storm Warning - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kelli Storm Series Book 2)” immediately.

If all of his novels are this well written I have my next 3 books already picked out. Time to start “Storm Warning - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kelli Storm Series Book 2)”!!

To the author, Great Job looking forward to the follow-on books!! Well Done!

Ken Hoss - Author