The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Sher2 said:
Hey, there was someone on the PA boards -- a woman, I think -- who misspelled "clever" the same way. I remember reading one of her posts and getting a mental image of a pissed off woman waving a cleaver.

Now Sherry, don't take that tone with us. I will be expecting your apology at once.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw that Dee deleted her post about "taking them down, more tomorrow" so I guess we'll never know what she was going to do. Damnit. And I was so looking forward to that.

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
tinasamuels said:
Now Sherry, don't take that tone with us. I will be expecting your apology at once.

Apology, dear old pukey PA? Yeah, that'll be the day. You can put my tone in your ... ear and smoke it.

Tina, when you got your replies from those bozos, did they call your concerns a "dramatic escapade?" I know you got the "tone" letter; did they also demand an apology? Gee, do you suppose anybody who's gotten that crap has ever apologized? You'd think that they, being publishers and literati and all, could come up with better form letters. :banana:

Hey, I like your new avatar!

Ed Williams

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ed-williams.com
Sherry, you are sniffin' closer to the target...

...to me, it's pretty obvious who the "Amazon Slammer" is. Wow, the Amazon Slammer - sounds like a pro wrestler, I think...

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Ed Williams said:
...to me, it's pretty obvious who the "Amazon Slammer" is. Wow, the Amazon Slammer - sounds like a pro wrestler, I think...

Anyone remember pogs?

Last edited:

akaa1a

Giggle Collector
Registered
Reaction score
Natives Are Questioning Success and it....

Sounds like a few PA authors are smelling a rat. It's surprising that the proud author hasn't divulged his/her techniques!
You have to wonder a bit!:confused:

http://www.publishamerica.com/cgi-bin/pamessageboard/data/general/2109.htm

So, what's the name of your book? What's your secret that has garnered you so much success? Sounds like you've got it all figured out!

Angel, is it everywhere or available everywhere?
There is a difference you know?

If it is in every bookstore, maybe you need to let us in on your secret..

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Chris I sent you an email about an hour ago but my hotmail has been so messed up since the 1st of Jan. Let me know when you have a moment if you got it. I just went to Amazon to see if anyone has reviewed me:) Ha...I'm shocked that they haven't. Oh well, I hope I don't sale any books. I'm not going to promote them. I'm going to tell all my friends not to buy any and maybe this idiot will leave me some bad reviews so that no one is interested in the book. If I'm not going to make any money off my books then I know I don't want PA to either! If the book isn't making money for PA then maybe they will terminate my contract:)
See you all later...

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Sher2 said:
Apology, dear old pukey PA? Yeah, that'll be the day. You can put my tone in your ... ear and smoke it.

Tina, when you got your replies from those bozos, did they call your concerns a "dramatic escapade?" I know you got the "tone" letter; did they also demand an apology? Gee, do you suppose anybody who's gotten that crap has ever apologized? You'd think that they, being publishers and literati and all, could come up with better form letters. :banana:

Hey, I like your new avatar!

Sadly enough there are several PA authors who have apologized through email to PA, after PA asked them to do so, and then they went and told the entire message board about it. Now that's sad...I can't believe the effect PA has had and continues to have on some people. They attempt to treat the PA'ers like they're the big mighty boss, who you never doubt. *yeah right*

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
address

bikrpreacher said:
Would someone please post PA's old address here? Thanks
Chris, I don't know if this is old or new. It's the address that was sent with my contract.
PA, LLLP
P.O. Box 151
Frederick, MD 21705

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
T42 said:
Chris, I don't know if this is old or new. It's the address that was sent with my contract.
PA, LLLP
P.O. Box 151
Frederick, MD 21705

I need the street address though. I think someone posted it before, but being lazy, just thought I'd ask and hope the one who knows puts it here again so I don't have to search for it. Oh, maybe it was on the BBB site. Thanks

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
bikrpreacher said:
I need the street address though. I think someone posted it before, but being lazy, just thought I'd ask and hope the one who knows puts it here again so I don't have to search for it. Oh, maybe it was on the BBB site. Thanks

The townhouse address is 230 E. Patrick St., Frederick, MD 21701. The new address is 111-113 E. Church St., Frederick, MD 21701-5403.

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the post I found on google, from Jaws here, I think we need to quit emailing PA and send this registered letter telling them we want to terminate our contracts.

(a) According to paragraph 30 of the (current version of) PA's contract, notices must be given in writing to the addresses on the contract. PA lists its address on its contract as the notorious PO box. Changes to addresses must be given by that same method. So, PA authors, if you haven't gotten a letter (on paper) to your address as stated on your contract, PA has not changed its address to the insultssupport e-mail. (Maryland law is very clear on this.) Further, notices of termination must be by "registered mail." That's not an entirely clear term, but it doesn't include e-mail.

Thanks Sher, I appreciate that!

Last edited:

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
Ed Williams said:

Yeah, Ed, I've got a pretty good sniffer/BS detector. Eeney-meeney-meiner-moe -- so many candidates to choose from! ;)

Wrasslin', huh? I'd like to see a match between Amazon Slammer and Travis Tea.
:whip:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
they did indeed ask me to apologize, sherry

Also I guess I will be sending a letter certified to them then asking for release. Sigh. I hate them ,lol

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
Renee Bagley said:
Sadly enough there are several PA authors who have apologized through email to PA, after PA asked them to do so, and then they went and told the entire message board about it. Now that's sad...I can't believe the effect PA has had and continues to have on some people. They attempt to treat the PA'ers like they're the big mighty boss, who you never doubt. *yeah right*

I've seen some of that. It just reinforced my impression that the whole dang bunch exhibits a cult mentality. Shoot, I'd rather kiss a snake -- and let me tell you, I am petrified of snakes -- than apologize to the 3 Stooges. (Now, watch me get another "snake" e-mail.) :wag:

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Sherry,

Yeah there's no way in hell I'm going to tell them I'm sorry, in fact they should be apologizing to us..lol..Heck, I dare them to ask me for an apology. PA instills the cult mentality because of the author message board. That is the only thing holding their authors to the PA curse, most of them I think would have moved on otherwise. God knows the PA board isn't good for anything educational. PA set that trap too.

PS- Sherry, you received a snake email? What the heck is that?

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
Renee Bagley said:
Sherry,

Yeah there's no way in hell I'm going to tell them I'm sorry, in fact they should be apologizing to us..lol..Heck, I dare them to ask me for an apology. PA instills the cult mentality because of the author message board. That is the only thing holding their authors to the PA curse, most of them I think would have moved on otherwise. God knows the PA board isn't good for anything educational. PA set that trap too.

PS- Sherry, you received a snake email? What the heck is that?

What is wrong with them that they continue reading that drivel and buying the company pap is way beyond me. Duh!

Oh, yeah -- I posted something the other day about a headless snake (referring to PA), so this morning I get an e-mail that says "F*** off." Signed, "Snake." Cute, huh?
:roll:

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, yeah -- I posted something the other day about a headless snake (referring to PA), so this morning I get an e-mail that says "F*** off." Signed, "Snake." Cute, huh?

Wow. That is really terrible. Man.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Life after PA is sweet...and honestly, I think that the whole PA ordeal is what is making it even sweeter. I'd like my book to be freed, but worse case scenario is that in 7 years its mine to do as I please and I have it to offer then. As it is I have book contracts going until 2007, so I can concentrate on others things till then. Still though, doesn't mean that I'm not actively with each and every one of ya'll about rubbing salt on any wound that we see that they may have.

*grumbles*

Jaws

Apex Predator
Registered
Reaction score
Loitering just offshore on the Silicon Prairie
Website
scrivenerserror.blogspot.com
Here is all you need to know about Dave's letter to the editors.

Registrant:
PUBLISHAMERICA, INC. (PREDITORSANDEDITORS-DOM)
PO Box 151
FREDERICK, MD 21705
US

Domain Name: PREDITORSANDEDITORS.COM

Administrative Contact:
PUBLISHAMERICA, INC. (Q4914-OR) [email protected]
PO Box 151
FREDERICK, MD 21705
US
301 631 0747 fax: 123 123 1234

Technical Contact:
Operations, Network (NO922) [email protected]
230 East Patrick Street
Frederick, MD 21701
US
301-695-7710 fax: 301-695-1737

Record expires on 29-Oct-2005.
Record created on 29-Oct-2000.
Database last updated on 22-Feb-2005 19:31:39 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.NETCRAFTERS.NET 63.80.80.162
NS2.NETCRAFTERS.NET 63.80.80.163

(Notice the false fax number, which is now a violation of ICANN's requirements?) Note, too, that one gets the same substantive results for preditorsandeditors.org.

Ed Williams

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ed-williams.com
So, bottom line, Clopper went out...

...and got those P&E domain names simply out of spite. What a mean spirited little man. In the end though, Moe-randa, Larry, and Curlem will get what they so richly deserve.

Larry, comb those manuscripts carefully, something bigger than "Atlanta Nights" lurks out there somewhere....

medium-smiley-109.gif

Deleted member 42

Jaws said:
(Notice the false fax number, which is now a violation of ICANN's requirements?) Note, too, that one gets the same substantive results for preditorsandeditors.org.

Isn't .org still a reserved use domain?

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Sher2 said:
What is wrong with them that they continue reading that drivel and buying the company pap is way beyond me. Duh!

:roll:

Reading the drivel and buying the PA B/S (the company not the authors) go hand in hand, I believe. You would think that the long-timers at PA would have already seen the truth - that PA is full of lies. I mean come on it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out..(again, not an author stab). That's what bothers me more than anything..the ones who knows the truth but will not do anything about it to help themselves and other authors. Hence the cycle continues for some other could be writer. :Headbang:

A headless snake? Really..well maybe they'll listen to me too: I'm soo terrified of :idea: ...uh naked Vin Diesel pictures. :Thumbs: :) My email is...LMFAO..

Seriously though at least you know what you are saying is affectiing someone, that means they believe you and most importantly - they are listening.

Maybe soon they'll learn how to deal with it and help!

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
Renee Bagley said:
A headless snake? Really..well maybe they'll listen to me too: I'm soo terrified of :idea: ...uh naked Vin Diesel pictures. :Thumbs: :) My email is...LMFAO..

Seriously though at least you know what you are saying is affectiing someone, that means they believe you and most importantly - they are listening.

Hey, I'll trade you a dead snake for some naked Vin Diesel pix.:ROFL:

Shoot, nasty e-mails are a badge of honor. If I've provoked someone, that's progress. They really ought to get more creative, though.
:sleepy:

Status
Not open for further replies.