Game: How Well Do You Know Your MC?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
Your MC knows someone who recently lost someone close to them. What would they do to cheer them up?

Well, after giving him a consoling hug, she'd bring him a book (he loves to read) or a plate of cookies that she knows that he likes. Then, she'd ask if he wanted to play Scrabble, to distract him momentarily, from the pain.

Your MC is going to be presented to the Queen of England. How does he/she react?

VeryFairy

I'm not a fairy.
Registered
Reaction score
She'd be kind and courteous, though they have nothing in common and she's not even english. She's smart enough to know that everyone is a teacher and there is something to be learned.

Would your MC be happy if he/she were suddenly forced into a nocturnal lifestyle?

Christabelle

Registered
Reaction score
Your MC is going to be presented to the Queen of England. How does he/she react?
Jacob - "No, no, hell no. I'm not getting all dressed up for some fancy meeting with the queen." He'd probably let his friends eventually talk him into it and then hide in the bathroom because his nerves got the best of him.

Megan - "Shopping? I definitely need a new dress! Culture? Sounds fun!" She's practicing her curtsy.

ETA: Cross-posted with VeryFairy
Would your MC be happy if he/she were suddenly forced into a nocturnal lifestyle?
Jacob - Well, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Megan - Eh, not so much fun. I like daylight.

What's your MC's least favorite thing about himself/herself?

Last edited:

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
What's your MC's least favorite thing about himself/herself?

Thierry: That right now he has a tendency for emotional breakdowns. But he has a feeling it gets him a lot more hugs so he's starting to be ok with it ;)

What is the one thing in his/her past that your MC wish he could change?

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
What is the one thing in his/her past that your MC wish he could change?

That she hadn't helped Dad kidnap Flynn. But, wait, if she hadn't, then she would never have had him in her life. She doesn't even want to think of what life would be without him.

If your MC could change one thing about his/her appearance, what would it be?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
If your MC could change one thing about his/her appearance, what would it be?

Belladonna– Her height, being short is annoying dammit! Things placed too high, short jokes, even the petite section has clothes that are too damn long. She doesn't want to be tall, but the right size to fit into clothes in the petite section would certainly be nice.

What is your MC's earliest memory?

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
Her red eyes. Then she'd constantly stop worrying about people finding out who she is, and she could stop hiding behind the contact lenses Grandfather forces her to wear.

If your MC found out his/her bestfriend kept a very dark secret (that affects your MC) from him/her. What would your MC say?

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
Lillith, we both answered Lady A's question lol so i'll go ahead and answer yours =)

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
What is your MC's earliest memory?

Burning a house to the ground. She may have heard faint cries coming from the house too but she's still not sure, and no one will tell her anything.

If your MC found out his/her bestfriend kept a very dark secret (that affects your MC) from him/her. What would your MC say?

bickazer

someday we'll shine together
Registered
Reaction score
Funnily enough, this is actually the exact situation that happens in my book--only reversed, so it's the MC keeping the secret.

I guess if the best friend was keeping the secret, the MC wouldn't be very bothered at all, might even consider it perfectly understandable and natural. "I mean, everyone has their secrets."

What's your MC's favorite kind of sweet?

RubySlippers

Sometimes I get a hot ear.
Registered
Reaction score
Where would your MC honeymoon if he/she got married?

Somewhere really normal. Probably not too far from her home in Dublin. Right now she might go for Italy, but I'm sure she'll change her mind a few times before she's grown up!

What is your MC's favourite method of procrastination?

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
If your MC found out they only have three days to live, what would they do?

She would take a plane out of the country, to any destination, and finally get a stamp on her passport.

If your MC were to die, what would be written on their tombstone?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ug, anything Jarik plays on that stupid lute of his.

(But really, Adel's just got it out for Jarik, not necessarily the lute)

If your character could have any pet, what would it be? Anything from a kitten to a dragon.

Jack Asher

Differently rational
Registered
Reaction score
If your character could have any pet, what would it be? Anything from a kitten to a dragon.
Jack Asher keeps many domesticated clocks, but what he really wants is a feral one.

What's the first thing your protagonist would take from a burning building?

SpinningWheel

Registered
Reaction score
What's the first thing your protagonist would take from a burning building?

Her book of poems. Which is just as well because it will one day (in real life) be known as the Devonshire Manuscript and it is one of our best sources for early Tudor poetry.

What's your protagonist's ideal house like?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
What's your protagonist's ideal house like?

DJ's ideal house would probably be a great big shop with a foundry and garage and all the tools and equipment he could ever possibly need. Maybe throw a bed in the safest corner or something.

If your MC had to leave for days or longer without telling anyone for plot-related reasons, who'd be the first person to notice they were gone?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Good question, because he does this regularly. Being an assassin often calls for sudden leaves of absence. Which means Jarik would probably notice first - the son of the king's adviser. Jarik kind of hates the MC and he's also really good at knowing what's going on in the palace. This also isn't too good because Jarik would take advantage of the MC's absence.

Does your character have a skill that no one knows about? Perhaps they have a skill that's not related to the plot at all, so they don't use it in the story but it's still there. Tell us what that skill is.

Jack Asher

Differently rational
Registered
Reaction score
Does your character have a skill that no one knows about? Perhaps they have a skill that's not related to the plot at all, so they don't use it in the story but it's still there. Tell us what that skill is.
Jack can make one hell of a hard boiled egg.

Jack hates hard boiled eggs.

Windows or Mac? If the character lives in a time before or after computers, do they like looking out of windows or at apples?

jkosbart

Registered
Reaction score
Gracelyn is a Windows girl, no doubt. It's simple and allows her to get what she needs donel. Mac is too artsy, fartsy for her.

What is the one thing your MC would do the exclusion of all else if they had the opportunity?

SpinningWheel

Registered
Reaction score
What is the one thing your MC would do the exclusion of all else if they had the opportunity?

(answering for my last book because I'm not yet sure about this one)

Hunting with her hawk.

How would your mc deal with a small child who is having a screaming tantrum and no-one can figure out why?

Zannan

Registered
Reaction score
He'd comfort the child while hugging them asking them what's wrong. Then offer them ice cream while fixing the problem unless they had green eyes, as he would call the cops.
(Nice man... Not really.)
How would your character handle being brutally beaten and emotionally tortured?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, hard question! Adel would be alright because he's been trained as an assassin from birth. He's been schooled on how to torture, and how to handle pain. It would hurt, but he'd get through it.

Lilith, on the other hand, would give up and tell them everything they wanted to know within the first five minutes. If they weren't seeking information and they were just torturing for the fun of it...eesh...that's a story I wouldn't want to write. She'd become broken and fall apart. She'd be a totally different person after the experience, and not in a good way. :(

Your character gets to go to any concert they want. Who do they go see? (If your character is in a fantasy setting then feel free to include any entertainment venue, like a jousting tournament, or an acting house.)