A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
November shall go down as a very productive time for my writing career, though I didn't finish my Nano. Oh well. I think I need to just admit that there's no way I can do the 500/day in December. My night job is in retail and it tends to go insane this time of year. Instead I will just write what I can. Good luck y'all!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Not much writing for me over the weekend, met a new lady and she kept me otherwise occupied. ;)

Did get some words at work today, though not a record. Managed 635 shiney new words to wrap up one chapter and start the next. :D

WIP total is now at 21418! (That much closer to 90k.)

ETA: Added another 410 in the past 45 minutes, (yes, it's flowing), to bring my daily total to 1045 words! :D WIP count is now at 21828!

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, MSTers! Great progress by everyone! I'm very slowly plunking away as the real world tries to drown me. I ended November on a writerly bent and have used the first few days to December to think conniving plotificationary thoughts.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So, okay, I did a respectable 3213 today, but most of it was this morning.

And I didn't finish my chapter. So now a stuffed toy is going to haunt my nightmares. :scared:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I had a bit today. Finished off a scene, added in an old one, and wrote a couple hundred words of a new scene. Not a lot, but all told it was about a thousand words added to the file. I got stuck on a bit of dialogue and of course immediately figured out where it should go as I was walking out the door for my evening class. :tongue Hopefully I remember what it was tomorrow.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Day off today to wait in for telephone repairman. Four chapters amended whilst waiting, although three of them required only minor amendments.

Telephone is now fixed, and I think I owe myself some quality zombie blasting time...

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Shara, what does the phone have to do with zombie blasting? Are you on old-fashioned internet that comes over the phone line? I love old-fashioned stuff. Positive luddite here.

I have 874 words to report this morning. Fun scene. I though of it one way, but then flipped the roles when I started writing it down. Much more fun.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not much writing for me over the weekend, met a new lady and she kept me otherwise occupied. ;)

:e2brows:

Added a scene - 534 words - took it out, along with most of another scene. Total wordage minus 1103!:e2bummed:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:e2brows:

Added a scene - 534 words - took it out, along with most of another scene. Total wordage minus 1103!:e2bummed:

There are times when minus is a good thing, muse. I'm sure you will add that and much more and it will blow you away. :D

No words for me today, thus far. Busy morning and it looks like the afternoon is tied up as well. Ces't la vie.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Not done anything since weekend but I'm hoping to power away at the next weekend.

Can't wait to the festive break as I'll get much more time to write

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Shara, what does the phone have to do with zombie blasting? Are you on old-fashioned internet that comes over the phone line? I love old-fashioned stuff. Positive luddite here.

No, the telephone not working has nothing to do with zombie blasting. However, since I got writing done and repair was complete, I translated that to mean chores are done and I can play.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, Wonder. :D

Well, I got words after all. Not a lot, but I got some. 398 to be exact. :) (And you can read most of them over on the LOD.) Brings the chapter up to 1219.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1638. Yay, me! Most of which I think will probably get junked in editing. Which means on some level I was using these words to avoid the hard stuff. So boo to procrastinating.

Excellent words, everybody!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Shara, I'm glad you got some zombie blasting out of the way. AND especially happy your phone is back. Ours was out one day last week and I thought I would go insane. I'm old fashioned and hate cell phones.

Sitting down to write another role reversal scene.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I think I had a net loss yesterday. Lots of editing, getting rid of bits that can no longer limbo under the bar of believability.

Yes, you can borrow that expression.

bellabar

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
680 today. Which doesn't quite make up for two missed days but twelve hour workdays don't do much for the creative side of my brain. I'm amazed at those of you who can write thousands in a day. Sometimes I'll get really into a scene and might get a couple of thousand, but not consistently. How do you do it?

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Only 428 so far today, not counting my blog post. Bellabar, I'm with you. I can't consistently write in the thousands, even on my days off work. Seems like if I get too much time on my hands, I write less.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my goal for December is to finish the first draft of my WIP. That's been my goal for October and November, too, but you know how it goes...

But I did add about 2.5k to it since Dec 1, so maybe I'll actually make it before 2013.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
About 350 words. Never thought I'd be disappointed my flight was on time, but it felt like they called my gate the moment I sat down. Normally get good words there. Still, home now with cat on lap, so shouldn't complain.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Did 197 words today.

Not a lot but I'm just happy I got some non-coursework writing done.

Words is words, IAMWRITER. I didn't fair much better. Only managed a meager 327 for the day. The words just don't seem to be flowing, and it's never good to force them, especially when doing dialog.

On the bright side, this chapter is close to being finished. :D (You always have to look for the bright side.) That brings the WIP up to 22,239 words!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Excellent work everyone.

asroc - Good luck. You can do it. :D

1,454 yesterday. I'm a bit iffy on how the scene played out, but that's for revisions.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I'm with Ken, words is words! That goes for blogs, webpages, adding, taking away, finalising, or building scenes.

To everyone who puts pen on paper or hands on keyboard...:Clap:

365 words today, on a very tough scene. They will change, but for now I'll take 'em.:D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1061. I'm making myself write actual story. Might have been more, but once again...real life interfering with my writing time! :rant: