The MTS Braggatorium

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
;) Thanks so much everyone. It IS getting exciting. I'm doing a series of book signings and radio spots coming up soon and when I called KPFT Houston, the host said, "Lucie, don't you remember I interviewed you 20 years ago as an activist. It'll be fun to have you on the show." then he offered to read the book and be an ally in my trying to get a major Houston newspaper review.

Congratulations wonder! Just bought the short (it's only free if you have a Kindle, btw) and I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

One thing I'm learning is that Amazon has like super-power status in all areas of the book world. They're awesome, yes, but it's also sort of overwhelming...their awesome power.

If anyone has experience or pointers on Amazon author pages, let me know. I've been asked to set one up now.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wow, I can't believe this has truly happened but:

Distortion, my artist crime novel is official today.
:hooray:

The actual "launch" is somewhat anti-climactic. It's Tuesday. I signed books at a workshop last Sunday and have a launch party on Saturday. Today it's all online.

Thanks, y'all for all the support. As 'm writing in a guest blog post today, two and a half years ago I started writing Adele Proust and thought, "I like this girl, she has potential." I tried to believe that she-and i--would get published today, but always had sort of a feeling of deceiving myself until I actually signed with Buzz Books.

This is AMAZING!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe this has truly happened but:

Distortion, my artist crime novel is official today.
:hooray:

The actual "launch" is somewhat anti-climactic. It's Tuesday. I signed books at a workshop last Sunday and have a launch party on Saturday. Today it's all online.

Thanks, y'all for all the support. As 'm writing in a guest blog post today, two and a half years ago I started writing Adele Proust and thought, "I like this girl, she has potential." I tried to believe that she-and i--would get published today, but always had sort of a feeling of deceiving myself until I actually signed with Buzz Books.

This is AMAZING!

:snoopy: :hooray: :snoopy: :hooray:

Congratulations!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a book to order...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
My copy shipped yesterday. I'm hoping to save it for vacation. If I can wait that long...

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Payday! I can order my copy now! Looking forward to reading the whole thing. How exciting! Got a bit extra to play with so I can stock up on my m/t/s buds books. Got to make sure I have enough to read on my lunch hour. :)

MikeG

Writing Crap Every Day
Registered
Reaction score
Huntsville, Alabama and Panama City Beach, FL
Hooray! The UPS man brought me 30 copies of the ARC for my first book, Josh Whoever ! Thanks to everyone here for all the help and support over the last couple of years.

Now that I've got 'em, what do I do with 'em? The publisher has already sent 20 copies or so to places like Kirkus. I want to send copies to local newspapers and such, but I figure that I need to wait on that until I get close to the release date of March.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
MikeG, I'm so happy for you! Do check with your publisher. My small publisher sent out 20 copies, none to the locals in my small town. They wanted me to contact them and build a relationship. Of course, the book takes place in Houston and they sent copies there. It will all depend on their marketing strategy--stuff I never want to understand.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm torn because I don't want to bore you guys, but I DO want to share the good stuff. ihad GREAT SIGNING YESTERDAY AND I'm in three places today:

CRIME CITY CENTRAL http://crimecitycentral.com/ (I read my first chapter aloud for them and you can listen free online or on itunes
IMAGINARY FRIENDS http://sayssara.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/mondays-friend-lucie-smoker/ …
and KPFT 90.1 Houston at 8pm tonight (also online or on iTunes tomorrow)

Shh, it's a secret and I don't know what will come of it, but I'm invited to a Houston newqspaper today ... um, kind of nervous

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go Lucie!:Clap:

Sounds like you're getting a lot of promo work done. Good luck with the newspaper.:Hug2:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've put a post in Announcements, Events & Self-promotion, but I wanted to post here too. (Can you tell I'm excited?:D) My short story, A Killer Week, has just been published in the Bridge House Crime Anthology, Crime After Crime.

Here’s a couple of links if anyone wants to take a look:

Kindle UK and USA:

UK link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A5SHN1G/?tag=absowrit-21
USA link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A5SHN1G/?tag=absowrit-20

Paperback USA (UK not up yet):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1907335242/?tag=absowrit-20

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered