The MTS Braggatorium

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Congrats to Ken, jeseymour and speirbhean!

I have a tiny brag. I did Camp Nanowrimo in April in combo with Blogging A-Z challenge. So what I did was a mini-mystery panster style and posted a piece of it everyday including a word for the letter of the day. Plus I had other people pick the word I was going to use which added to the challenge. It was fun as I had no idea what I was going to write until I sat down and did it.

So I made a recap page in case you want to read it, it's here. I did it with some of my Milk Carton Murders characters. It takes place before MCM so as not to ruin that story. Anyway, I'm happy with myself for finishing.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
It isn't a book deal or even a publication yet, but today I heard back from a query I sent just Friday. I will be writing for Art Focus Oklahoma Magazine, probably starting with their next issue. I'm so excited. It's a highly-respected glossy, regional art magazine--and it pays. She read several of my writing samples and likes my style. I'll get her topic/assignment list to work from each quarter, plus she welcomes pitches from her writers. Hooray.

This plus getting my creative brain working again -- it's just an awesome day. Thanks so much again for all your support.

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic news, Lucie. :hooray:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Didn't know where else to post this, maybe LOD, but don't think it fits there either. I think I finally have the blurb for ~Deadly Storm - A Kelli Storm Novel~, after numerous drafts.

Deadly Storm – A Kelli Storm Novel

Detective Kelli Storm and her partner, Eric Ryder, are called to the scene of an apparent suicide only to discover that the victim was a Russian hit man and Kelli was to be his next target.​

The trail from the body leads the two Detectives to the underbelly of Brighton Beach, and the Russian Brotherhood that rule there. During the course of their investigation, Kelli discovers a link between the Brotherhood and a powerful Colombian Cartel, the same Cartel she thought had been shut down with the death of its leader.​

When FBI Special Agent Jacob Petrov takes interest in the case, along with DEA Special Agent Gregory Larsen, they forge a plan to break up the international drug ring. As they delve deeper into the case, the Cartel and Brotherhood become bolder and they both want Kelli dead. To make matters worse, after an ill conceived tryst, it’s all she can do to keep her professional and personal life separate.​

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Like it Ken - the first line alone hooks me in!

Gotcha! :D

Made a few minor changes from some last minute input, nothing major, just in the second and third paragraphs.I think it works better. See if you can spot the changes. ;)

The trail from the body leads the two Detectives to the underbelly of Brighton Beach, and the Russian Brotherhood that rule there. During the course of their investigation, Kelli discovers a link between them and a powerful Colombian Cartel, the same Cartel she thought had been shut down with the death of its leader.

When the FBI and DEA take an interest in the case, they forge a plan to break up the international drug ring. As they delve deeper, the Cartel and Brotherhood become bolder and they both want Kelli dead. To make matters worse, after an ill-conceived tryst, it’s all she can do to keep her professional and personal lives separate.​