WriteOnCon online kidlit writers' conference

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely a much more polite and cheerleading audience over there. But there's also a lot of quality writing (in my opinion), and some folks have good, insightful points to share. I'd really like to get some feedback from a Ninja this time around.

I have a hard time not going into the lbl and chewing things up. Just force myself to be a little more positive and supporting, since in a sense it's a bunch of strangers :)

Funnily enough I'm getting more criticism (nice, of course) in WOC than I did in QLH for my current query. In general, though, I would agree that it's a much softer level of critique.

KiwiLady

Registered
Reaction score
Netz - I'm HayleyB over there, could you add me to please?

Patrick.S

Registered
Reaction score
Just joined this afternoon. Name there is PatrickS.

I had a quick question for you guys. When it asks for the first five pages, do you have a rough idea of how many word's we're talking?

snowpea

Registered
Reaction score
Just joined this afternoon. Name there is PatrickS.

I had a quick question for you guys. When it asks for the first five pages, do you have a rough idea of how many word's we're talking?

Well I've always read that each page should roughly be 250 words. Double-spaced in courier new.

Maramoser

much writing. very books
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marafitzgerald.blogspot.com
I'll be there, with the same name that's on the list from last year! Going to post my query soon...no matter how many times you do it, it's always nervewracking!

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm there, doing a few crits for now, trying to work up the nerve to post my own work. Doesn't help my confidence that I've got nothing but WIPs to share, and so much there is polished and shiny and beautiful!

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've re-registered this year as CatherineQueen. Looking forward to jumping in :)