Last Game you have played...

Nick Blaze

Jun-Ikkyu
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently playing RPGWO, Dragon Quest VI, and Wild ARMs 2.

plaid_the_inhaler

The non-plaid wearing, non-smoker.
Registered
Reaction score
Just got done completing all the expansions for Fallout 3 (doesn't compare to the classic turn-based goodness, but the atmosphere grew on me). Starting to get into Fallout: New Vegas. Slightly embarrassed to admit I still play Star Trek: Birth of the Federation. Want to revisit Condemned: Criminal Origins. Creepy, trippy stuff, that one.

- Dave

AdriRaven

Knight of Ravens
Registered
Reaction score
I've been alternating between running through Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and playing Sims 2 - since it runs a bit better on my laptop than Sims 3. The story aspects of both franchises make me think a bit, and I've got a small notepad near my table for whenever I get thoughts.

MJG_Write

WriteTeachSleep
Registered
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Just bought Conduit 2. My wife and I really like the team invasion mode. Solid Wii FPS.

IllustriousKnight

Registered
Reaction score
Ridiculously addicted to Bayonetta at the moment. Love me a good 'hack n slash'. Chuffed as beans that Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed too! :D

Ephiam

Registered
Reaction score
Bayonetta 2 has been confirmed? I didn't hear anything about that! That's AWESOME news, because I absolutely LOVED Bayonetta. It's one of the very few games I've gotten roughly 100% of the obtainable items and what-not. Sadly that data is on another friend's XBOX, so I'll have to hunt him down and get it some day! It's just such a fun game, and the fact that it doesn't take its self too seriously also makes so fun to play. I love over-the-top in action games! Adds to the "awesome." Lol.

Well I finished Lufia: Curse of the Sinestrals for the Nintendo DS a few days ago, and I have to say that I enjoyed the hell out of that game. It reminded me of how much I liked puzzles mixed in to my RPGs! My only real complaint is that the story moved at near light-speed, and not many of the events had much time to really sink in. Other than that, I thought it was an awesome re-imagining!

Now I think I'm going to start Golden Sun for the GBA, and then move on to the second game... some time in the very distant future. =P

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished playing Knight of the old republic 1 and 2, been meaning to play them for years. Both awesome and disappointing at the same time

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Just got Grand Theft Auto IV. It's one I'd been meaning to pick up for a while. Pretty good so far. Rockstar seems to always make good, deeply textured games. And, I like that they're usually designed with similar controls so, even though the stories are different, the games are still familiar.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
Playing iphone and ipad game smostly these days, lol. I watch Starcraft 2 but don't have the Internet to play it!

Playing Starfront, the starcraft knockoff for the ipad and other games like Infinity Field (a Geometry Wars knockoff) and Collision Effect.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Demos Rising (was nostalgic for an old computer and so I played while I was looking thru old files)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Currently trying to beat Dragon Age and Enslaved.

Santini

Registered
Reaction score
Last console game I played was the recent Mortal Kombat on the 360. Single player was fun and full of nostalgia, but online versus matches were hit-or-miss. Sunk a lot of time into playing, then dropped it all to continue writing.

Turns out I'd rather get better at completing a novel than a multi-hit combo string.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Not as good as the first one, Shadow of Chernobyl. However these are in my opinion the scariest survival horror game series there are right now. Imagine Fallout with zero camp, realistic weapon physics, and lots and lots of things that would even scare Australia's wildlife.

I'm about to give Morrowind another chance soon. Oblivion spoiled me, it was my first fantasy FPS (first person slash/stab get it? ha!) and I prefer realtime combat to diceroll combat. I guess I lose geek points for that, but I prefer games that require you to be the one actually fighting and not a math result.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Been playing Neverwinter Nights 2 (not the expansions) tonight and a few nights ago.

I never actually finished that game when I originally bought it - I think I still have a working save game of where I got up to the first time through, but I'm going through from the beginning anyway.

I mostly want to find out what happens at the end of the story. And I also want to play the expansion, which I bought about a year ago and have never played. I won't play it until I've got the whole storyline from the original NWN2.

And as an added bonus, this game can keep me sane when life gets a little too much. Usually I write to escape my troubles, but gaming can be just as good, especially when I'm not in the mood to write, or have been writing homework stuff all day.

And I was thinking about reinstalling StarCraft and Brood Wars, and playing some multiplayer against the computer. I used to love doing that. 1 computer opponent could hardly ever beat me, but I used to love putting 7 computer opponents allied against me, and seeing how long I could last. Surprisingly, I could still win sometimes. :)

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Classic FPS games I wish still had a sizable following for online play:

Unreal Tournament (the first)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (damn I miss this one)

This Halo-fication of games these days is disturbing. Back in the day PC games were for people that liked a challenge. Now, to appeal to the ADD addled spoiled brats that play XBOX all day things have to be big shiny easy. Instant gratification. No bueno. I want my days of Nintendo-level hard back! (TV tropes term. Don't look it up unless you want to waste hours on that site.)

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Last game I sat down and played was Suikoden. I am going to find those 108 characters whether they like it or not!