Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26870598

Paddy Murphy of County Kildare, the Republic of Ireland* was surprised two weeks ago when one of his Cheviot ewes lambed a not-a-lamb.

The little male creature has coarse, wooly brown hair, a tuft of white on top of his head, and at a week old was budding tiny horns.

Murphy recalled seeing a billy goat "tupping" the ewes during tupping season last fall, but thought little of it because apparently goats do that. Sheep and goats are not normally genetically compatible and any fetuses that may result are usually not viable and are miscarried or stillborn.

Murphy notes that the baby's mother is as protective of him as any sheep is of her lamb, and that he is much faster and more nimble than lambs the same age.

Murphy has no plans to send the creature, which he calls a "geep", for slaughter, but plans to look after him for as long as he can.

*I know, I know. It's too perfect casting, isn't it? He owns a pub too, in Ballymore Eustace.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Disappointed it's male. My first thought seeing the thread title was "this is going to make a fabulous cheese."

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a little cutie. Hope it lives a long and happy life.

MM