Game: How well do you know your Main Villain?

SpinningWheel

Registered
Reaction score
What is your villain's beverage of choice?

(Answering wrt my last book since this thread wasn't around when I was writing it:)

Wine, from his father's cellars, partly to annoy his father, partly to express his adulthood and partly to blot out reality.

If your villain had to kill his own meat, would he do so or turn vegetarian?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
If your villain had to kill his own meat, would he do so or turn vegetarian?

Apollo: *wrinkles his nose* Do these hands look like they know how to skin and gut an animal? I'll be going vegetarian, thanks.

How important to your villain is recognition of his/her deeds?

Samsonet

Just visiting
Registered
Reaction score
Kristin: Extremely! She's crashed a competition she wasn't supposed to be in, and her main goal is to win it in order to gain her mom's power and position. Not love, her mom loves her more than anything. But Kristin wants power.

What is your villain's relationship to your hero?

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
What is your villain's relationship to your hero?

Steele: I am their underpaid babysitter. This is not why I completed years of combat field training - to watch over a bunch of spoiled brats. I cannot wait until we can justify getting rid of them!

What is your villain completely clueless about?

Godyth

Crusader Rabbit is my hero.
Registered
Reaction score
Richard: I quite enjoy gardening.

What is your villain's beverage of choice?

Neaera only drinks Faerie Nectar, of course. Though she prides herself on her fine cellar, it still irks her that her cousin, Dorkus (who is married to her ex-husband, ech) can make it better. Anyway, she serves it to guests much like a good Pimm's No. 1 cup, as a punch. You crush a pound of raspberries with a handful of rose petals and place them in a tall pitcher, add 4 cups fresh orange juice and 2 gills of bar syrup, to which you add a half a liter of Faerie nectar (a potent distillation made from Juniper berries, flower petals and herbs) and serve over ice. Lovely on a summer's day while lounging in the garden, far out of hearing of the torture dungeons....

What does your villain consider beyond the pale? Is there a limit to their evilness, or is their heart truly as black as the blackest witch??

amillimiles

Registered
Reaction score
What does your villain consider beyond the pale? Is there a limit to their evilness, or is their heart truly as black as the blackest witch??

Lord Tyrrell's actions are all around driven by the political motive that he believes is correct. There is no limit to how far he is willing to go to achieve his goals and perfect the world to his beliefs.

If your villain faces off with Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter universe, who would win, and why? (Or would they become best buds?)

Godyth

Crusader Rabbit is my hero.
Registered
Reaction score
Lord Tyrrell's actions are all around driven by the political motive that he believes is correct. There is no limit to how far he is willing to go to achieve his goals and perfect the world to his beliefs.

If your villain faces off with Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter universe, who would win, and why? (Or would they become best buds?)

Oh, Neaera would befriend him as one worthy of her attention, for the moment. As an immortal, Neaera has the advantage of age and wisdom and understands how those who are full of hate and bent on revenge can easily be manipulated (she knew the Borgia family personally). But, he's basically a bore, and she'd tire of him eventually (he has no penchant for witty party conversation, you just can't take him anywhere where he isn't an angry bore).

Does/did your villain have a hero/ mentor or someone that they emulate or respect in any way?

bickazer

someday we'll shine together
Registered
Reaction score
Does/did your villain have a hero/ mentor or someone that they emulate or respect in any way?

Firio had two teammates/fellow mages, both of whom he admired because they were more talented than him. Too bad they died horrific deaths in front of his eyes, and he could do nothing to stop it. One might argue that trauma set him down the path to evil. He'd insist it opened his eyes to the true corruption of this world...and now he's running around murdering people ~for their sake~.

What's your villain's most embarrassing childhood memory?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Firio had two teammates/fellow mages, both of whom he admired because they were more talented than him. Too bad they died horrific deaths in front of his eyes, and he could do nothing to stop it. One might argue that trauma set him down the path to evil. He'd insist it opened his eyes to the true corruption of this world...and now he's running around murdering people ~for their sake~.

What's your villain's most embarrassing childhood memory?

I like that one 'cause it's tough; aside from childhood and embarrassment both being foreign concepts to Malsmedis, the question of her age is very much up in the air (current body: sixteen. Original body: centuries dead, but also was only a few days old when its high levels of aggression inspired it to take out an enemy in a mutual kill. Aenigmatic code that went on to be her conscious mind? Bona fide time abyss, older than the human presence on Technyphion. But was also simplified upon download so there's room to debate how much of that code counts as "her").

So, taking that into account...

Malsmedis's "siblings" have a special knack for inspiring a feeling very close to humiliation in her. If Malsmedis is a munchkin, Nell is a griefer and Beth is a drama queen, and every time Malsmedis sees her meticulous planning being threatened because Nell got distracted kicking a random bystander in the crotch for the fun of it or because Beth dropped the ball to pursue one of her various carefully-cultivated personal vendettas, she does feel like it reflects poorly on her.

A carrier dashes up to your villain and hands them an unexpected letter. Who's it most likely from, and what are the most likely contents?

Last edited:

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Kuomeleya doesn't read letters. She'd scrunch it up and throw it away. Then she'd stab you. Because knives are fun and letters aren't.

How would your villain have turned out if they weren't bad?

Technically, a "good" (by human standards) Malsmedis would have had no reason to exist and so would never have been built. She was the Aenigma's last-ditch effort to win an extinction-level conflict after all more potentially ethical solutions had been tried and failed, programmed to go as far as necessary to win on the premise that even if she were to scorch the earth, sew the salt, and then scorch the salt just to be thorough, that was better than the alternative. In her own words, she's not rescue. She's who the Aenigma sends to deal with situations that have escalated beyond rescuing. She's very much a protector gone wrong.

Therefore, I guess it makes sense a reformed (patched?) version of Bad Princess's eponymous character would be a protector gone right, someone who didn't dismiss riskier strategies with fewer casualties in favor of "safer" scorched-earth tactics, or think of the very thing she's supposed to be protecting as an expendable resource in the quest for victory. More knight in shining armor, less "An Axe Knight approaches! Command?"

Suppose your villain won. What would their new goal be, now that they've achieved their old one?

Samsonet

Just visiting
Registered
Reaction score
Kristin would have absolutely no idea what to do. She'd probably try to give herself the things she feels she was denied, only to realize that it's impossible. The influence and honor would become meaningless to her, since she'd have to keep it a secret for the rest of her life.

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score

Modern technology. She never bothered to look into it at the beginning, and now she thinks there's too much catching up she'd have to do in order to understand it.

What is your villain's relationship with the people who work for them?

SpiteLokidottir

Registered
Reaction score
Considering they're NCs (Non Children not recognized by the government) they're kind of beneath her. As long as they don't stink, and do their job, she'll put up with them. The only exception is Ked. He is the father of her child, after all. Even if she did let herself be shot to kill it (which failed).

If your villain could change one thing about their past, what would it be?

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
If your villain could change one thing about their past, what would it be?

Find a way to stop his mother getting into heroin. And then she wouldn't have started turning tricks, and perhaps she would've been a hell of a better mother than she really was.

As a child, what did your villain want to be when he/she grew up?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
The Keeper: I do not go through the same development cycle as you humans so I never experienced what you call "childhood." However, if I did I'd probably aspire to be what I am now: the guardian and steward of this world and servant to it's queen. This is all I have ever wanted to be.

Lilly: Umm...this is gonna sound kinda silly but ever since I was 5 I've always wanted to be a magical girl...you know, like Sailor Moon?

Your main villain is going to the movie theater to take in a film. Which kind of movie are they going to see and why?

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
The Keeper: I do not go through the same development cycle as you humans so I never experienced what you call "childhood." However, if I did I'd probably aspire to be what I am now: the guardian and steward of this world and servant to it's queen. This is all I have ever wanted to be.

Lilly: Umm...this is gonna sound kinda silly but ever since I was 5 I've always wanted to be a magical girl...you know, like Sailor Moon?

Your main villain is going to the movie theater to take in a film. Which kind of movie are they going to see and why?

A classic western. He'll probably be the youngest guy there, but so what?

What music does your main villain like?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
A classic western. He'll probably be the youngest guy there, but so what?

What music does your main villain like?

Sensor and time-perception issues aside, Malsmedis does at one point tell DJ she imagines his laugh must be what music sounds and feels like to humans.

Your villain is overseeing a part of their sinister plot they find tedious or unpleasant, and as their mind wanders, they think, "Ugh, I'd rather be..."

What? What would they rather be doing?

SpiteLokidottir

Registered
Reaction score
Your villain is overseeing a part of their sinister plot they find tedious or unpleasant, and as their mind wanders, they think, "Ugh, I'd rather be..."

What? What would they rather be doing?

Kuomeleya would either be blackmailing Ked, because he's the father of her child. Or doing some stitching while watching the NCs act like animals.

What's the last thing your villain does before going to sleep? What do they think of? Good or bad?

Hellblazer

So Say We All
Registered
Reaction score
The last thing Sam does before he goes to sleep depends on the day, where he is and what sort of day he's had. However, he frequently thinks of his girlfriend, who doesn't know that he is in fact working for the enemy - and his role in the places of NEXUS.

Your villain has found what they've been craving for their whole life, only it rejects them. What happens now?

natpenna

Registered
Reaction score
Silvio: I reassure myself in the knowledge that nothing can take what I have away from me. Then I read the paper.

Your villain is forced to watch the most tear-jerking movie in the world. Everyone around them has fallen to bits. What are they doing/How do they react?

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
Your villain is forced to watch the most tear-jerking movie in the world. Everyone around them has fallen to bits. What are they doing/How do they react?

The White Rose appears bored, and acts disappointed in her subordinates for losing it. Then, later, she rewatches it alone and cries like a baby.

What's your villain's favorite food?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Cheerios--not Honey Nut, the original yellow-box Cheerios. It shames him that he still loves baby food, so he hoards them.

What does your villain want for his birthday?

Mal: I do not understand the reasoning behind celebrating the day of one's existence. We of the Everdread do not do it. I have never gotten a...

DJ: Hey, Mal, I got you a hat.

Mal:...

DJ: It's sorta the same style as your old hat, but not exactly. The brim is different, and it's a different color. It's got a bow on it instead of feathers. Vinette and Sophia helped me pick it out so it'd match your coat, 'cause you know how hopeless I am at that sort of thing.

Mal: ... (swaps old hat for new one) Thank you.

Suppose there is someone in your villain's way and, for some reason or another, they can't kill them. What's their next best method for dealing with the interloper?