Writing a trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Personally, in my trilogy, I'm trying to go for a fractal structure where each of the books is an act in an overarching three act structure, but the plotline of each individual books also follows a 3 act structure, if that makes any sense.

That's why I like writing trilogies! Each trilogy is a three-act structure composed of three novels each with its own three-act structure. :)

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Ask Sylvia Day how a romantic/erotic story can be long enough. Her Crossfire series is up to four books now. The first 2.5 books are the heroine's story. The next 1.5 books are the hero's. Yes, 2.5 books. The heroine's story ends in the middle of book 3 and you pick up the hero's story at that point for the next book.

Oh, and did I mention that they're #1 international bestsellers, sold for big bucks to have a television series, and she just received an EIGHT figure advance for her next two books? ;)

Erotic trilogies are the rage right now. It's a good time to be writing them. :)
:D Well, now ya know how much romance I read.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
What I'd planned to do it develop the character in 3 stages of their life, so my question really should have been is that best as one large book or split over a trilogy?

That depends entirely on how long the whole winds up being. It could be three volumes, or it could be three "books" in a single volume.

I'd say write it first, and let a publisher worry about whether they want to publish one thick book or three thinner books.

Status
Not open for further replies.