Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum21k

I'm tired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kylejohnmorgan.com
I've suddenly come upon a few days of free time in the evenings and I want to try and create a new project to work on. Does anyone have any ideas for plotting or creating a good 'what if' scenario that could power 60,000 words or so.

Any good story creation questions.

I think that I need to make it first person and set it in a time and place that I've actually lived before so that I have a lot to draw upon.

born2respawn

Registered
Reaction score
Some of my projects have been months/years gestating before I even start detailed plotting (I'm not much of a pants-er). Even when I've come up with an idea quicker than that it's usually cobbling together random ideas that have been floating around my head - have you got spare scenes in mind you could try and stick together?

Alternatively, there's always TVTropes (Plots) - proceed at your peril, etc.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
For the 'what if's - I suggest writing your 'what if' question and answering it in the form of a question. Make a list of possible answers in this question form. You can then go on to do the same thing with the best questions on your list of answers to the 'what if' question.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for plotting or creating a good 'what if' scenario that could power 60,000 words or so.
Tons of them. How much are you paying for them?

Seriously, why would you want to write one of our plots?

Jeff

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Suggestion - watch current events, twist a little this way and and that, get a ton ideas just looking at the crazy things people do, especially politicians. One of my best sellers came from listening to a local event and remolding with more suspense and intrigue.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Tons of them. How much are you paying for them?

Seriously, why would you want to write one of our plots?

Jeff

I got that the OP is asking for help developing story ideas rather than asking for story ideas themselves.

(Wondering how you interpreted it as the latter...)

Status
Not open for further replies.