A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Just to update you all, I still feel dizzy. But not as bad as before, however it still not a great feeling. I'm currently walking a daze when I feel dizzy, which isn't nice, I know. Let hope next week will be better.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Mr Mitchell why are you dizzy? Have you been to the docs?

FM - go you and Blake.

Zelenka - Aussie sounds like it was good for you.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

I am going to see Dad tomorrow. Excited!!

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Mr Mitchell why are you dizzy? Have you been to the docs?

FM - go you and Blake.

Zelenka - Aussie sounds like it was good for you.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

I am going to see Dad tomorrow. Excited!!

I don't know why, but haven't yet.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Mitchell, I agree with Shakes, you should get it checked - dizzyness can be an indication of all sorts of things - Not meaning to scare you.

Feel better soon.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Feel better soon Mr. mitchell, hate being sich.

History - It's Friday night, so I'm great :) Boys go to their Daddy-o's and I've got a whole weekend of writing to look forward to.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Feel better soon, Mr Mitchell!!

--

Well, I got some words in yesterday. I'm almost at the 6K mark in WIP. That feels like a place I haven't been a long, long time. I also slightly got this idea for this Fantasy/Parnormal short thing. However, I want to think about it some more before I go through with trying to write it honestly. I might see if maybe I can look a few other sweet and short ideas I have/had.

Also I found, via Nano forums, that a lot of the programs that work on Windows 7 should work on Windows 8. Which is awesome. (I use Scrivener and yWriter to write my first drafts usually). I'm not getting a new computer, but I know I'll have to get one at some point. So, yeah. That was a big concern for me. Now, I really don't have to worry. Although, I do wonder if it's a good idea to learn how to write scene-by-scene in a word processor as well. (I don't write by chapters anymore).

I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me to write with as background (music or Rainy Mood/Forest Mood). I haven't really figured out yet. (For those who don't know what Rainy Mood/Forest Mood, they're just sites that replay of an audio track of raining or a storm, in the case of Rainy Mood, and "forest sounds" in the case of Forest Mood). Hm....I guess I can continue to use both though.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from the snow today. It is so cold! But it's good motivation to lock myself inside and get some writing done.

The snow hasn't hit here...yet. But it is absolutely freezing and windy and I've no intention to venture out anytime soon.

So much for spring...

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Dad was amazing! He was sitting in a chair and looking very sprightly. I stayed for about two hours. Little sis and her hubby arrived after I'd been there about an hour. We left together as dad was getting tired and the physiotherapist had arrived. He does not like the physio treatment but endures it because he does not want his daughters going into nag mode!

It may be freezing but I think I can guarantee that the weather is going to get better. I got myself a new winter coat today!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dad was amazing! He was sitting in a chair and looking very sprightly. I stayed for about two hours. Little sis and her hubby arrived after I'd been there about an hour. We left together as dad was getting tired and the physiotherapist had arrived. He does not like the physio treatment but endures it because he does not want his daughters going into nag mode!

It may be freezing but I think I can guarantee that the weather is going to get better. I got myself a new winter coat today!

Great news on your dad, Shakes. :hooray:

Mr Mitchel, hope you're feeling better soon.

Terrible weather here at the moment - all the roads into town are closed and the electricity is flickering and may go off at any minute. I think it's the perfect time to crack open a new book and curl up in bed. (with chocolate, of course.:D)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Great to hear Shakes!

Now I'm not one to moan and b*tch about others but I'm...you know what? I don't really know.

There is this person I used to be friends with. Good friends, maybe even best friends. A few years ago, she got a few new friends. One day, she flat out ignored me when in their company. Once she even encouraged them to take the p*ss out of me.

Now that does not bother me in the slightest. I learnt what true friends were from that day. Friends that she tried to push away. Hell, once she even suceeded and I lost a good friend that day.

But...back to present day, we are...amicable? I mean, I've talked to her once or twice and we are friends - using that term loosely - on twitter/facebook etc.

And you know what? She comes across as the most pathetic person. She basically tries to buy her current friends' friendship - offering to buy tickets to shows at the drop of the hat. She is shallow - if one of her friends posts one of these comments, you know like one of these random indirects that everyone seems to post these days, she instantly thinks it is about her and replies apologising all the time. But worst of all, she constantly makes up lies that I know are not true. She is pretending to be someone she is not.

I don't know...I think it is sad. And quite frankly, I'm a little p*ssed that I was friends with her once upon a time.

I'm sorry. I just needed to rant.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Shakes - great news!

Still snowing here and freezing but luckily the power's holding out. One good thing about being in the city I suppose.

IAMWRITER - I don't know, but to me it sounds like someone maybe to keep a distance from. Maybe she's having to buy friends because she's pushed away the real friends she had, looking for something else, and is now starting to realise that. I think keeping 'amicable' is good, so long as you're not being dragged into her problems.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
IAM, I had a falling out (quite some time ago) with a friend of mine. We didn't speak for a long time, and when we got in touch again, I found myself wondering why we'd been friends to begin with. In retrospect I think it was mostly shared experience, and that we outgrew each other - we'd met in college, but our post-college lives were heading in different directions.

What I noticed about her when we reconnected was how much time she spent talking about all the good times she had in college, and how much she drank. I was never much bothered by drinking (I've had one or two fuzzy evenings of my own), but at some point in life it starts to matter that you're expected to get up and be a responsible adult the next day.

Oh, that sounds judgmental. :) She hurt my feelings badly, but really, when I look back I think my life became healthier without her.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me to write with as background (music or Rainy Mood/Forest Mood). I haven't really figured out yet. (For those who don't know what Rainy Mood/Forest Mood, they're just sites that replay of an audio track of raining or a storm, in the case of Rainy Mood, and "forest sounds" in the case of Forest Mood). Hm....I guess I can continue to use both though.

I maintain a large music library just so I can have a lot of decisions to make. :) I go through phases, and I need to have enough variety so I can change when the time comes.

Then again, during the day when my daughter is awake, I write to the dulcet tones of "Hey, Arnold!" on Netflix. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I think I have a cold now sadly.

Was wondering, when you said "dizzy," about an ear infection. I hope you're on the road to recovery now.

Shakes, that's great about Dad. And I'm glad he's grudgingly putting up with the therapy - although physical therapists, I think, probably get yelled at and resented more than anyone else in the health profession. I am sure he's pretty cheerful compared to a lot of folks they deal with.

muse, someone today mentioned to me that we might get more snow next week. My brain can't parse that yet. Enough, enough, enough - I want flowers and drizzly spring rainstorms, and no more shoveling.

JBClemmens

Patient Seahorse
Registered
Reaction score
Good news is great French Maiden, but I don't think the rest of you should watch the movie, Haichi, about a dog loyal to his master who has passed on. There is a statue to him in Japan at Shibuye Station where he waited year after year for his master to return on the train as he always had. My husband and I need a whole box of tissues when we watch.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Good news is great French Maiden, but I don't think the rest of you should watch the movie, Haichi, about a dog loyal to his master who has passed on. There is a statue to him in Japan at Shibuye Station where he waited year after year for his master to return on the train as he always had. My husband and I need a whole box of tissues when we watch.

I've got the movies in a sleeve somewhere. I attempted to watch it a few years ago with my Mum, but I couldnt get into it.

I was the same with Red Dog. Everyone who watched it said it was the sadest movie, I tried watching it twice trying to see that everyone else saw, but I couldnt get into it.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
IAM - That sucks. I've had a few falling outs with people. Maybe you should just avoid this friend for a while. Maybe really think about where your friendship stands, you know?

liz - Oh, I have a pretty nice library too. I use Spotify a lot of the time. But I also have iTunes in case I don't feel like listening to that

--

Well, I didn't get quite as much work done as I wanted. But I got some done. So, that's good. Still slight upset over that. But it's fine I suppose.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Um... hedging your bets there, Shakes? :ROFL:

Glad to hear that Dad is doing so much better. :D

There is this person I used to be friends with. Good friends, maybe even best friends. A few years ago, she got a few new friends. One day, she flat out ignored me when in their company. Once she even encouraged them to take the p*ss out of me.

This is typical of what is known as 'relational bullying'. I think she's a 'Frenemy' you sure don't need. :Hug2:

:welcome: JB

And let's not forget 'Eight Below'. I cried buckets - and so did my hubby.